Eptus 50 Mg
USA Brand Name
Eptus 50 Mg (Eplerenone)
What Is The Generic Name For Eptus:
Eplerenone is the generic version for Eptus
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Eptus 50 Mg (Eplerenone):
About Eptus 50 Mg (Eplerenone):
Eptus 50 mg containing an active ingredient, Eplerenone is used in the treatment of Epilepsy. It is prescription based drug and can be found at any of the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores.
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Eptus 50 mg.
Eptus 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Eplerenone 50 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Eptus 50 Mg (Eplerenone):
Eptus 50 mg is used in the treatment of:
How Eptus 50 Mg (Eplerenone) Works:
Eptus 50 mg (Eplerenone) an antiepileptic/anticonvulsant drug which basically controls seizures/fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Before You Use Eptus 50 Mg (Eplerenone):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Eplerenone
- You are not taking Alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Eptus 50 Mg (Eplerenone):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Eptus 50 Mg (Eplerenone):
You should avoid Eptus 50 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Skin Allergies
- Mood Disorders
- Have Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Low Blood Cell Counts
- Have Low Sodium Levels
- Have Skin Allergies or other Adverse Effects
- Have Mood Disorders or Suicidal Thoughts
- Have any Heart Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies.
Eptus 50 mg contains Eplerenone, which is used in the treatment of Epilepsy and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Always consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage of the medicine as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Eptus 50 mg at a fixed time, with or without the meal. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. Special care should be taken in case of children (<12 years)
How Much Of The Eptus 50 Mg (Eplerenone) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Eptus 50 mg.
How To Take The Eptus 50 Mg (Eplerenone):
Eptus 50 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Eptus 50 Mg (Eplerenone)
You are always advised to take Eptus 50 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended. Do not stop if you start feeling better as its unusual withdrawal can lead to increased Seizures.
Contact your physician immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose
A missed dose of Eptus 50 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Eptus 50 Mg (Eplerenone)
- Blurred Vision
- Stiffness of Limbs
- Frequent Urination
- Weight Gain
- Yellow Colored Eyes or Skin
- Dry Mouth
- Increased Sweating
- Skin Rash
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Eptus 50mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Azole Antifungal Agents
- Ethinyl Estradiol
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Liver Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Eptus 50 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Mood Disorders like Depression or Suicidal Thoughts
- Bone Marrow Suppression
- Low Sodium Levels
- Withdrawal Symptoms like Tremors, Anxiety, etc.
- Skin Reactions like Stevens Johnson Syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep monitoring and maintaining your Sodium Levels and kidney/Liver Function
- You should not use this medicine if you are suffering from Impaired Liver Function and Low Blood Cell Count.
- Always ask your doctor for necessary precautions to be taken in case of children (< 12 years) as they are at greater risk of Reduced Sweating/Heat Stroke, Pneumonia and Liver Problems.
- Always wear light dresses during hot climates or when exercising and carefully observe for signs of decreased sweating/heat stroke
- Keep the medicine away from Children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Eptus 50 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Eptus 50mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged.