Falcigo 60 Mg Injection
USA Brand Name
Falcigo Injection 60 Mg (10 Ml) (Artesunate)
What Is The Generic Name For Falcigo:
Artesunate is the generic version for Falcigo
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Falcigo Injection 60 mg (Artesunate):
About Falcigo Injection 60 Mg (Artesunate):
Falcigo Injection 60 mg contains Artesunate 60 mg, which is used in the treatment of Malaria (not for the prevention). This injection must be administered by a doctor or a nurse but you can buy it from all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores if you have a doctor’s prescription.
One of the top leading companies, Zydus Cadila (India) is manufacturing Falcigo Injection 60 mg.
Falcigo Injection 60 mg contains Artesunate 60 mg per 10 ml of injection. This combination may also be available in other substitutes at any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Falcigo Injection 60 Mg (Artesunate):
- Falcigo Injection 60 mg is used to treat:
- Malaria (not for prevention and treatment of severe malaria which has affected the brain and lungs)
How Falcigo Injection 60 Mg (Artesunate) Works:
Falcigo Injection containing Artesunate basically produce free radicals in the malaria parasite which kills the parasite.
Before You Use Falcigo Injection 60 Mg (Artesunate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to its contents
- You have informed the doctor about your Pre-existing diseases, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Falcigo Injection 60 Mg:
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid driving or heavy machine jobs
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Falcigo Injection 60 Mg (Artesunate):
You should avoid Falcigo Injection 60 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have severe Kidney or Liver Diseases
- Have gastrointestinal disease or inflammation of the intestine
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Hypersensitive to it
- Are having any liver/ Kidney disease
- Have Asthma, gastrointestinal disease, seizures, any brain disease, etc.
- Have any other Infection or Disease
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Falcigo Injection 60 mg contains Artesunate, which is also available in various substitutes and must be administered by a doctor or a nurse only. Always consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage of the injection as the age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Falcigo Injection 60 mg by a doctor or a nurse. Do not self administer the drug. It is not recommended for infants and pregnant women.
How Much Of The Falcigo Injection 60 Mg (Artesunate) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Falcigo Injection 60 mg. The dose which is to give is depending upon the severity of the infection.
How To Take The Falcigo Injection 60 Mg (Artesunate):
Falcigo Injection 60 mg should be administered by a doctor or a nurse. Do not self administer the injection.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Falcigo Injection 60 Mg (Artesunate):
You are always advised to take Falcigo Injection 60 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Patients are not advised to take it for a longer time than recommended but they should complete the course.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms.
A missed dose of Falcigo Injection 60 mg should be injected by the doctor/nurse as soon as you remember that too after consulting with your doctor. Inform your doctor if you have skipped the dose and it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Falcigo Injection 60 Mg (Artesunate)
- Injection site pain
- Fever with body pain
- Low WBC and Platelet count
- Swelling of the liver
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Falcigo may interact with other medicines, which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Hence, always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Falcigo Injection 60 mg should be used very cautiously in patients having:
- Allergy to any of its contents
- Severe Malaria
- Medicine induced fever
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding women
- Impaired kidney/ Liver function
- Consult your doctor for dosage adjustment and effective treatment if you have above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Keep monitoring Kidney/Liver and Blood Cell counts while taking this medicine
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Injection
Do not take Falcigo Injection 60 mg on your own/longer/ higher dose than recommended by your physician
Store Falcigo injection at a cool temperature in a clean and dry place. Make sure that the injection is not damaged or leaked.