Famocid 40 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Famocid 40 mg (Famotidine)
What Is The Generic Name For Famocid 40 mg?
Famotidine is the generic version for Famocid 40 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Famocid 40 mg (Famotidine)?
About Famocid 40 mg (Famotidine)
Famocid 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Famotidine, which helps in reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach. It is very effective medicine and available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Famocid 40 mg.
Famocid 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Famotidine, 40 mg. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Famocid 40 mg (Famotidine)?
Famocid 40 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Intestinal Ulcers
- Gastric Ulcers
- Hypersecretory Conditions
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
How Famocid 40 mg (Famotidine) Works?
Famocid 40 mg contains Famotidine, as an active ingredient which basically inhibits the excess release of acid in the stomach.
Before You Use Famocid 40 mg (Famotidine):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you are not taking Alcohol
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
- What Should You Avoid While Taking Famocid 40 mg (Famotidine):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should not take antacids with this medicine. You can take antacids 2hr prior to it or 2 hr after taking it.
- Avoid Citrus Fruits, Juices, and Soft Drinks which irritate your stomach mucosa.
- Avoid medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Famocid 40 mg (Famotidine)?
You should not take Famocid 40 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy
- Have severe Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Famocid 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Famotidine, which inhibits excess acid secretion in the stomach. It is available in various strengths and should be given on prescription.
Famocid 40 is a safe and effective medicine with fewer side effects and it works best when taken once a day and you are taking it bedtime because it is very effective in controlling acid released at midnight. But always consult with your doctor for dosage and time for the best possible treatment.
How Much Of The Famocid 40 mg (Famotidine) to Be Used?
Famocid 40 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Famocid 40 mg.
How To Take The Famocid 40 mg (Famotidine)?
Famocid 40 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it 1hr before meal/ bedtime.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Famocid 40 mg (Famotidine)?
You are always advised to take Famocid 40 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Famocid 40 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Famocid 40 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Famocid 40 mg (Famotidine)?
- Muscle Pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Famocid 40 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication, or you have pre-existing Disease or surgery. It may interact with the food, herbal supplements, and following medicine:
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Famocid 40 mg should be used cautiously in conditions like:
- Bleeding Disorders
- It also affects the Central Nervous system in patients who are already suffering from Kidney Dysfunction. So Famocid should be used cautiously in Kidney Impairment.
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet/insert of the medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- Care should be taken in pregnant/conceiving and breastfeeding Females
- Monitoring of kidney function and CNS (Central Nervous System) effects are necessary
Store the Famocid 40 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.