International Brand Name
Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
Fiona 60 Mg Tablet (Raloxifene)
What Is The Generic Name For Fiona 60 Mg Tablet:
Raloxifene is the generic version for Fiona 60 mg Tablet
Which International Brand is Equivalent To Fiona 60 Mg Tablet (Raloxifene):
About Fiona 60 Mg Tablet (Raloxifene)
Fiona 60 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Raloxifene, is a derivative of selective estrogen receptor modulator class which is used to treat osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. This medicine also helps in minimizing the risk of invasive breast cancer in women who are at high risk.
Osteoporosis is a skeletal disorder which occurs when the body loses too much bone (calcium) into the blood, makes too little bone, or both. As a result, bones become porous, weak, less and fragile, indicating that they may get broken easily from a minor fall or slightest trauma. Also, in severe cases, people can get bone fractures even from sneezing or small bumps. Symptoms of Osteoporosis are not visible in the early stages. Still, when the disease progress and bones become weaker, one can observe the signs and symptoms like Back pain, which may be caused by a fractured vertebra, body pain, loss of height over time, stooped posture, frequent bone fractures even in slight injuries. Various risk factors may attribute the chances of Osteoporosis which includes your age, sex, race, lifestyle, and medical and family histories, including all the drugs treatments a patient is going through.
Etiology/ Causes of the disease include:
- Imbalanced hormone levels like reduction in estrogen levels, decrease in sex hormones, increased levels of thyroid hormone, or overactive parathyroid and adrenal glands.
- Low calcium intake reduces bone density, which increases the risk of fractures.
- Bad eating habits weaken bone in both men and women.
- Gastrointestinal surgeries that help you lose weight limits the amount of surface area available for absorption of nutrients, including calcium which then can lead to Osteoporosis.
- Long-term use of oral or parentral steroids like prednisolone and cortisone intervene with the bone-rebuilding process leading to Osteoporosis. It has also been associated with medications used to combat or prevent Seizures, Gastric reflux, Cancer, Immunosuppressants, etc
- The risk of Osteoporosis is higher in patients who have medical problems like Celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Kidney or liver disease, Cancer, Lupus, Multiple myelomas, Rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
- Lousy lifestyle and no exercise can elevate the symptoms of Osteoporosis.
Raloxifene is also effective against Invasive breast cancer which occurs when cancer cells from inside the milk ducts/ lobules break out into nearby breast tissue and can travel from the breast to other parts of the body all the way through the systemic circulation.
Fiona 60 mg tablet is an effective medicine against postmenopausal Osteoporosis and invasive breast cancer but not suggested for the patients with a known history of clotting disorders. This drug is not recommended for use in premenopausal women, children, and men. It may take several days to months to get the full benefits of the drug. It is a part of the drug regimen, but a complete treatment program may also include a healthy diet and optimum calcium intake with vitamin supplements and proper exercise. This medicine is available at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and must be taken strictly on doctor’s prescription only.
Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd. is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Fiona 60 mg Tablet.
Fiona 60 mg Tablet contains an active constituent, Raloxifene weighing 60 mg per tablet. It is obtainable in other substitutes also at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Fiona 60 Mg Tablet (Raloxifene):
Fiona 60 mg Tablet is used in the treatment in the following conditions:
- Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
- Prevention of invasive breast cancer
- Osteoporosis caused due to steroids
How Fiona 60 Mg Tablet (Raloxifene) Works:
Fiona 60 mg Tablet has an active ingredient; Raloxifene, which works like estrogen, a natural female hormone to stop the bone loss which can develop in women after menopause. The biological action of Raloxifene drug is mainly mediated through binding to estrogen receptors. This results in the activation of estrogenic pathways in some tissues (agonism) and blockade in others (antagonism). Its agonistic activity at some receptors & antagonistic activity at others, make it a modulator. Raloxifene appears to work as an estrogen agonist in the bone. Raloxifene disinhibits the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis and thereby increase total testosterone levels in men. Due to a simultaneous increase in sex hormone-binding globulin levels; nevertheless, free testosterone levels often remain unaffected. Raloxifene also decreases insulin-like growth factor 1 levels in women and men.
Before You Use Fiona 60 Mg Tablet (Raloxifene):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Raloxifene
- You are not having any severe Disease
- Your doctor must be learned about your medicinal history like your pre-existing disease, surgeries and Medications, Supplements, Food Habits, lifestyle, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Fiona 60 Mg Tablet (Raloxifene):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Fiona 60 Mg Tablet (Raloxifene):
You should not take Fiona 60 mg Tablet if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Have any type of cancer
- Are on estrogen therapy
- Have Thromboembolic disorders
- Have Hypertriglyceridemia
- Are pregnant
- Have infections
- Are breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the Tablet
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have thyroid or parathyroid disorders
- Have severe bone, joint or muscle pain
- Have any type of hormonal imbalance
- Have any cancer
- Have Liver/ kidney disease
- Have infections
Fiona 60 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Raloxifene, which is used to treat and prevent Osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. This medicine is available in different substitutes and strengths and has got to be purchased or given on a doctor’s prescription only. You must consult your physician for adjustment of dosage and time of the medicine because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and your doctor can best judge it.
Adults are advised to take Fiona 60 mg Tablet at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your doctor. You must take Fiona 60 mg Tablet regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Fiona 60 Mg Tablet (Raloxifene) to Be Used:
As Fiona 60 mg Tablet is available in various strengths and substitutes. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Fiona 60 mg Tablet. You must not take the Tablet on your own and for a more extended period than recommended by the doctor.
How To Take The Fiona 60 Mg Tablet (Raloxifene):
Take Fiona 60 mg Tablet in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow the Tablet as a whole. You are suggested not to chew, crush or break the Tablet. Fiona 60 mg Tablet is to be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Fiona 60 Mg Tablet (Raloxifene):
You are always advised to take Fiona 60 mg Tablet as prescribed. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You must strictly follow all the directions given by your doctor. You must not take the Tablet in larger or smaller quantity or for a more extended than suggested by your doctor.
You must seek medical emergency treatment and contact your medical doctor instantly in case of any overdose symptoms. Emergency treatment will be initiated immediately by your medical doctor if they observe overdose symptoms.
The missed dosage of the Tablet should be administered as soon as possible. You must strictly skip the missed dosage if it is already time for your next planned dosage. It is advised not to double the dosage of the treatment to make up for the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Fiona 60 Mg Tablet (Raloxifene):
- Hot flashes
- Cramps and muscle spasm
- Joint pain
- Skin Rash
- Bloody and cloudy urine
- Vaginal irritation
- Breast tenderness
- Abdominal pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Breast pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Fiona 60 mg Tablet. These interactions may generate some unwanted or adverse effects and cause your drug not to work correctly. You must always have a conversation with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements so that well-planned medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
It can also interact with the following disease condition:
- Kidney Disease
- Liver disease
Warning And Precaution:
Fiona 60 mg Tablet can worsen the conditions like:
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- You must not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- You must not drive or operate heavy machinery at the same time as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- You must not take calcium supplements unless advised by a doctor as taking calcium supplements more than suggested will not provide extra protection for your bones but might cause adverse side effects including kidney stones
- You must avoid sitting still for long periods while you are taking Raloxifene
- You must inform your doctor immediately if you observe bleeding/ spotting from the vagina during the treatment
- You must regularly get your blood tests done to monitor your blood cells, liver and kidney function, and electrolyte levels during treatment with this medicine
- Always consult with your medical doctor straight away to get the best possible treatment if you are observing any of the conditions mentioned above.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Fiona 60 mg Tablet out of reach and sight of the children
- Fiona 60 mg Tablet is not recommended for use in pregnant women due to the increased risk of harmful effects on the unborn baby
- You must always check up the information in particular written on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- In case of any uncertainty of the medicine about dosage, time and strength, you must always consult your medical doctor.
Fiona 60 mg Tablet should be taken as recommended by your doctor. Do not take this tablet for a more extended than suggested by your medical practitioner/ doctor.
Store the Fiona 60 mg Tablet at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the Tablet is intact and not damaged while purchasing or storing.
|Item Condition||Price Currency||MPN||Product Id||PriceValidUntil|
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. What are generic medicines?Generic medicines are the medicines that have the same active ingredients as that of the brand medicines but differ in inactive ingredients (ingredients that are used for coloring, preservation, etc.). Generics have the same side-effects, treatment, precautions, and dosage as that of the brand medicine. They are approved by WHO.
Q2. Why are generic medicines cheaper and are they safe to use?Generic medicines are cheap because they do not involve the cost of marketing, advertisement, promotion, attractive packaging, etc. All the brand medicines spend a lot of money on the aforementioned processes and the final cost is added to the products cost. Generic medicines are exclusive of this cost. These medicines are approved by WHO and completely safe to use.
Q3. Is a prescription compulsory to place an order at Cheap Medicine Shop?Ans. Cheap Medicine Shop does not entertain the sale on any medicine online in the absence of a legitimate prescription certified by a doctor. The order stands cancel on the failure to submit the prescription within fifteen days from the date of placing the order.
Q4. How long does the delivery of the order take?Ans. We promise you to deliver the order at your doorstep within 15 days in the US and 3 to 4 weeks for other countries, from the date of confirmation of the order.