Forcan 200 Mg
USA Brand Name
Forcan 200 Mg (Fluconazole)
What Is The Generic Name For Forcan 200 Mg?
Fluconazole is the generic version for Forcan 200 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Forcan 200 Mg (Fluconazole)?
About Forcan 200 Mg (Fluconazole)
Forcan 200 mg contains an active ingredient, Fluconazole, which is used in the treatment of Fungal Infections. You can check its availability at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Forcan 200 mg.
Forcan 200 mg contains an active ingredient, Fluconazole, 150 mg per tablet. It may be available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Forcan 200 Mg (Fluconazole)?
Forcan 200 mg is used in the treatment of fungal and yeast infections like:
- Oropharyngeal Candidiasis
- Esophageal Candidiasis
- Cryptococcal Meningitis
- Vaginal Candidiasis
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Prophylaxis of Infections in Special Population
How Forcan 200 Mg (Fluconazole) Works?
Forcan 200 mg is an antibiotic that has Fluconazole, as an active ingredient that stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
Before You Use Forcan 200 Mg (Fluconazole):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Forcan 200 Mg (Fluconazole)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Forcan 200 Mg (Fluconazole)?
You should not take Forcan 200 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have penile sores, ulcers or blisters or if you have an abnormal penile discharge (leakage)
- Have pain in passing urine or if your penis has started to smell (odor)
- Have any other Infection or Inflammation
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Are Driving or Doing a Work which needs your alertness
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Asthma
- Have Seizures/Epilepsy
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Forcan 200 mg contains an active ingredient, Fluconazole, which is used in the treatment of Fungal Infections. It is available in various strengths and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Forcan 200 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it with or without the meal. It is not recommended for pediatric use.
How Much Of The Forcan 200 Mg (Fluconazole) to Be Used?
Forcan 200 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Forcan 200 mg.
How To Take The Forcan 200 Mg (Fluconazole)?
Forcan 200 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with or without the food as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing/crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Forcan 200 Mg (Fluconazole)?
You are always advised to take Forcan 200 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
You must contact your doctor immediately if you suspect the symptoms of an Overdose
You should try to take every dose of Forcan 200 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Forcan 200 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose and do not double it at the next dosing time to make up for the missed one.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Forcan 200 Mg (Fluconazole)?
- Nausea/ Vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rash
- QT Prolongation
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands, and feet
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Forcan 200 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medications. It interacts with the following medicine:
- QT interval-prolonging drugs
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Forcan 200 mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Kidney/Heart/Liver Diseases
- Old age
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Heart Diseases
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment
Things To Remember:
- If you are using birth control pills then Fluconazole can make them less effective. You may consider another method (condoms, diaphragms) along with these pills.
- You must contact your doctor if symptoms are not relieved even after using it for one week.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Consult your doctor if you have any confusion regarding the dose, time and strength of your medication
- It should be strictly avoided in pregnant/conceiving and breastfeeding Females
- Forcan 200 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Forcan 200 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.