Formonide 400 Capsule
US Brand Name
6mcg + 400mcg
Formoterol + Budesonide
Formonide 400 Capsule (Formoterol & Budesonide)
What Is The Generic Name For Formonide 400 Capsule:
Formoterol & Budesonide is the generic version for Formonide 400 Capsule
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Formonide 400 Capsule (Formoterol & Budesonide):
About Formonide 400 Capsule (Formoterol & Budesonide)
Formonide Capsule contains two active ingredients, Formoterol & Budesonide, which is used in the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Asthma is a chronic disease which causes inflammation & narrowing of the air passage of the lungs (bronchi) obstructing the airflow & making breathing difficult. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a lung disorder in which there is trouble in emptying air out of the lungs (airflow obstruction). Due to this hindrance, patients experience difficulty in breathing or get tired easily because of this breathing strain. COPD is a general term used for emphysema, chronic bronchitis, or a combination of both. This medicine is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores & must be taken strictly by doctor’s prescription only.
Zydus Cadila Ltd. is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Formonide 400 Capsule.
Formonide 400 Capsule contains two active constituents, Formoterol (6 mcg) & Budesonide (400 mcg). It is obtainable in other substitutes also at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Formonide 400 Capsule (Formoterol & Budesonide):
Formonide 400 Capsule is used in the treatment in following conditions:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
How Formonide 400 Capsule (Formoterol & Budesonide) Works:
Formonide 400 Capsule has two active ingredients; Formoterol & Budesonide. Formoterol is a long-acting bronchodilator that works by relaxing the muscles in the airways & widens the airways. Budesonide is a steroid which works by stopping the release of certain chemical messengers which cause inflammation (swelling) of the airways. Together, these make breathing easier.
Before You Use Formonide 400 Capsule (Formoterol & Budesonide):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Formoterol & Budesonide
- You are not having any serious Disease
- Your doctor must be learned about your medicinal history like your pre- existing disease, surgeries & Medications, Supplements, Food Habits, lifestyle, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Formonide 400 Capsule (Formoterol & Budesonide):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Formonide 400 Capsule (Formoterol & Budesonide):
You should not take Formonide 400 Capsule if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Are suffering from status asthmaticus
- Have thyrotoxicosis or hyperthyroidism
- Have hypokalemia
- Have seizure disorders
- Have diabetes
- Have decreased bone density
- Are pregnant
- Have infections
- Are breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the medicine
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have Liver disease
- Have infections
Formonide 400 Capsule contains two active ingredients, Formoterol & Budesonide, which is used in the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. This medicine is available in different substitutes & strengths & has got to be purchased or given on doctor’s prescription only. You must consult your physician for adjustment of dosage & time of the medicine because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can only be best judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Formonide 400 Capsule at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take Formonide 400 Capsule regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Formonide 400 Capsule (Formoterol & Budesonide) to Be Used:
As Formonide 400 Capsule is available in various strengths and substitutes, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Formonide 400 Capsule. You must not take the Capsule on your own & for longer period than recommended by doctor.
How To Take The Formonide 400 Capsule (Formoterol & Budesonide):
Take Formonide 400 Capsule in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label thoroughly for directions before use. You must swallow this medicine as a whole, do not try to crush, chew or break it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Formonide 400 Capsule (Formoterol & Budesonide):
You are always advised to take Formonide 400 Capsule as prescribed. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You must strictly follow all the directions given by your doctor. You must not take the Capsule in larger or smaller quantity or for longer period than suggested by your doctor.
You must seek medical emergency treatment and/ or contact your medical doctor instantly in case of any overdose symptoms. Emergency treatment will be initiated immediately by your medical doctor if they observe overdose symptoms.
The missed dosage of the Capsule should be administered as soon as possible. You must strictly skip the missed dosage if it is already time for your next planned dosage. It is advised not to double the dosage of the treatment to make up for the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Formonide 400 Capsule (Formoterol & Budesonide):
- Respiratory tract infection
- Hoarseness of voice
- Fungal infections in the mouth
- Sore throat
- Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain
- Increased heart rate
- Body pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Shaking of hands or feet
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Formonide 400 Capsule. These interactions may generate some needless or adverse effects and/or cause your drug not to work properly. You must always have a conversation with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements so that well planned medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
It can also interact with following disease condition:
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Hepatic impairment
Warning And Precaution:
Formonide 400 Capsule can worsen the conditions like:
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- Formonide 400 Capsule is not recommended for use in children under 6 years of age
- You must use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are on this medication
- You must regularly get your blood tests done to monitor your blood cells, liver and kidney function, and electrolyte levels during treatment with this medicine
- You must not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- You must not drive or operate heavy machinery at the same time as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- Always consult with your medical doctor straight away to get best possible treatment if you are observing any of the above mentioned conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Formonide 400 Capsule out of reach and sight of the children
- This medicine is strictly used with carefulness for treatment of children
- Formonide 400 Capsule is not recommended for use in pregnant women due to the increased risk of harmful effects on the unborn baby
- You must always check up the information in particular printed on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- Always consult your medical doctor if you have any uncertainty in case of the dosage, time & strength of the medicine.
Formonide 400 Capsule should be taken as recommended by your doctor. Do not take this prescription for longer period than suggested by the medical doctor.
Store the Formonide 400 Capsule at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the Capsule is intact & not damaged while purchasing or storing.