Gabapin 600 Mg
USA Brand Name
Intas Pharmaceuticals, India
Gabapin 600 Mg (Gabapentin)
What Is The Generic Name For Gabapin 600 Mg?
Gabapentin is the generic version for Gabapin 600 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Gabapin 600 Mg (Gabapentin)?
About Gabapin 600 Mg (Gabapentin):
Gabapin 600 mg containing an active ingredient, Gabapentin 600 mg per tablet is used in the treatment of Epilepsy. You can find at all the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Intas Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Gabapin 600 mg.
Gabapin 600 mg contains an active ingredient, Gabapentin, 200 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Gabapin 600 Mg (Gabapentin)?
Gabapin 600 mg is used in the treatment of:
How Gabapin 600 Mg (Gabapentin) Works?
Gabapin 600 mg has an active ingredient, Gabapentin, an antiepileptic/anticonvulsant drug. It basically controls seizures/fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Before You Use Gabapin 600 Mg (Gabapentin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Gabapentin
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Gabapin 600 Mg (Gabapentin)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Gabapin 600 Mg (Gabapentin)?
You should avoid Gabapin 600 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Skin Allergies
- Mood Disorders
- Have Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Low Blood Cell Counts
- Have Low Sodium Levels
- Have Skin Allergies or other Adverse Effects
- Have Mood Disorders or Suicidal Thoughts
- Have any Heart Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies.
Gabapin 600 mg contains an active ingredient, Gabapentin, which is used in the treatment of Epilepsy and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage of the medicine as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Gabapin 600 mg at a fixed time, with or without the meal. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. Special care should be taken in case of children (<12 years)
How Much Of The Gabapin 600 Mg (Gabapentin) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Gabapin 600 mg.
How To Take The Gabapin 600 Mg (Gabapentin)?
Gabapin 600 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Gabapin 600 Mg (Gabapentin)?
You are always advised to take Gabapin 600 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended. Do not stop if you start feeling better as its unusual withdrawal can lead to increased Seizures.
Contact your physician immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose
A missed dose of Gabapin 600 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Gabapin 600 Mg (Gabapentin)?
- Blurred Vision
- Stiffness of Limbs
- Frequent Urination
- Weight Gain
- Yellow Colored Eyes or Skin
- Dry Mouth
- Increased Sweating
- Skin Rash
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Gabapin 600mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Azole Antifungal Agents
- Ethinyl Estradiol
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Liver Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Gabapin 600 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Mood Disorders like Depression or Suicidal Thoughts
- Bone Marrow Suppression
- Low Sodium Levels
- Withdrawal Symptoms like Tremors, Anxiety, etc.
- Skin Reactions like Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep monitoring and maintaining your Sodium Levels and kidney/Liver Function
- You should not use this medicine if you are suffering from Impaired Liver Function and Low Blood Cell Count.
- Always ask your doctor for necessary precautions to be taken in case of children (< 12 years) as they are at greater risk of Reduced Sweating/Heat Stroke, Pneumonia and Liver Problems.
- Always wear light dresses during hot climates or when exercising and carefully observe for signs of decreased sweating/heat stroke
- Keep the medicine away from Children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Gabapin 600 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Gabapin 600mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.