Geftib 250 Mg Tablet
USA Brand Name
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Geftib 250 Mg Tablet (Gefitinib)
What Is The Generic Name For Geftib 250 Mg Tablet:
Gefitinib is the generic version for Geftib 250 mg Tablet
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Geftib 250 Mg Tablet (Gefitinib):
About Geftib 250 Mg Tablet (Gefitinib)
Geftib 250 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Gefitinib, which is used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. This medicine is used in patients in which it has spread to other parts of the body, who have abnormal epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) genes, & who have not had previous treatment for cancer. Non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) is epithelial lung cancer excluding small cell lung carcinoma (SCLC). NSCLCs are comparatively insensitive to chemotherapy, compared to small cell carcinoma. This medicine is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores & must be taken by doctor’s prescription only.
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Geftib 250 mg Tablet. It can be purchased from our online pharmacy.
Geftib 250 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Gefitinib, which is available in other substitutes also at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Geftib 250 Mg Tablet (Gefitinib):
Geftib 250 mg Tablet is used in the treatment in following conditions:
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
How Geftib 250 Mg Tablet (Gefitinib) Works:
Geftib 250 mg Tablet has an active ingredient; Gefitinib is an anti-cancer medication which works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps in stopping or slowing down the spread of cancer cells. Gefitinib belongs to a class of drugs known as tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Gefitinib works by blocking the function of a protein called the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR). The EGFR is found on the surface of many cancer cells in addition to normal cells. It serves as an “antenna,” receiving signals from other cells & the environment that tell the cell to grow & divide. When the EGFR receives a signal, it transmits the signal into the cell by causing a chemical reaction that modifies other proteins. The portion of the EGFR protein that carries out this is called the tyrosine kinase domain. Gefitinib drug attaches to the EGFR tyrosine kinase domain, blocking its ability to function.
Before You Use Geftib 250 Mg Tablet (Gefitinib):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Gefitinib
- You are not having any serious Disease
- Your doctor must be informed about your health history like your pre- existing disease, surgeries & Medications, Supplements, Food Habits, lifestyle, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Geftib 250 Mg Tablet (Gefitinib):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Geftib 250 Mg Tablet (Gefitinib):
You should not take Geftib 250 mg Tablet if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have you have liver problems
- Have gastrointestinal disorder
- Have lung disorder
- Have eye disorder
- Have infections
- Have Kidney disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the Tablet
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have Liver/ Kidney disease
- Taking anticoagulants
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Geftib 250 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Gefitinib, which is used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer. This medicine is available in different strengths and substitutes & must be purchased or given on doctor’s prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can only be judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Geftib 250 mg Tablet at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take Geftib 250 mg Tablet regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Geftib 250 Mg Tablet (Gefitinib) to Be Used:
As Geftib 250 mg Tablet is available in various strengths and substitutes, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Geftib 250 mg Tablet. Do not take the Tablet on your own & for longer time than recommended by doctor.
How To Take The Geftib 250 Mg Tablet (Gefitinib):
Take Geftib 250 mg Tablet in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow the Tablet as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break the Tablet. Geftib 250 mg Tablet is to be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Geftib 250 Mg Tablet (Gefitinib):
You are always advised to take Geftib 250 mg Tablet as prescribed. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take the Tablet in larger or smaller amount or for longer period than suggested by your doctor.
Patient must seek emergency medical attention and/or contact doctor immediately in case of any overdose symptoms. Symptoms like dizziness, tremor, confusion & sweating after taking the dose should be reported immediately. Emergency medical treatment will be initiated by your doctor if they are suspecting overdose symptoms.
The missed dosage of the drug must be taken by you as soon as possible. It is appropriate to skip the missed dosage of the drug if it is already time for your next scheduled dosage. You must not take double dosage of the drug to make up for the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Geftib 250 Mg Tablet (Gefitinib):
- Allergic skin reaction
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Increase in liver enzyme levels
- Eye irritation
- Difficulty in breathing
- Abdominal pain
- Sore throat
- Redness around fingernails
- Loss of appetite
- Dry skin
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Geftib 250 mg Tablet. This interaction may produce some unwanted or adverse effects and/or cause your drug not to work properly. You must always discuss with your doctor if you are taking other medication/ Supplements so that well planned medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
It can also interact with following disease condition:
- Liver disorder
- Lung disorder
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Eye disorder
- Kidney disorder
Warning And Precaution:
Geftib 250 mg Tablet can worsen the conditions like:
- Liver/kidney disease
- You must drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if diarrhea doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools
- You must not take antacids (to reduce the acid level of your stomach) 2 hours before or 1 hour after taking this medicine
- You must use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for a month after you stop taking it
- You must have regular blood tests done to monitor your liver function while you are having treatment with this medicine
- You should not drive or operate machinery while taking this medicine as it may cause nausea and vomiting
- Always consult with your doctor immediately to get best possible treatment when you are suffering from any of the above mentioned conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Geftib 250 mg Tablet out of reach and sight of the children
- This medicine is strictly not prescribed for use in children and adolescents
- You must always read the information precisely written on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- Always consult your physician if you have any doubt in case of the dosage, time & strength of the medicine.
Geftib 250 mg Tablet should be taken for cancer treatment. Do not take this medicine for longer period than suggested by the Doctor.
Store the Geftib 250 mg Tablet at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the Tablets are intact and not damaged or broken while purchasing or storing.