GLIZID 40 Mg
US Brand Name
Panacea Biotech, India
GLIZID 40 Mg (Gliclazide)
What Is The Generic Name For GLIZID 40 Mg?
Gliclazide is the generic version for GLIZID 40 mg
Which US Brand is Equivalent To GLIZID 40 Mg (Gliclazide)?
About GLIZID 40 Mg (Gliclazide)
GLIZID 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Gliclazide, which is used in the treatment of Type II Diabetes. It is found to be available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Panacea Biotech (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture GLIZID 40 mg.
GLIZID 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Gliclazide, 40 mg. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The GLIZID 40 Mg (Gliclazide)?
GLIZID 40 mg is used in the treatment of:
Type II Diabetes
How GLIZID 40 Mg (Gliclazide) Works?
GLIZID 40 mg is an antidiabetic drug which has Gliclazide, as an active ingredient. It basically works by increasing the insulin level released by Pancreas in order to lower the glucose levels in the body.
Before You Use GLIZID 40 Mg (Gliclazide):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that you are not taking alcohol
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (pre-existing Diseases and complication, Medications, surgeries)
What Should You Avoid While Taking GLIZID 40 Mg (Gliclazide)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid the medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use GLIZID 40 Mg (Gliclazide)?
You should not take GLIZID 40 mg if you:
- Have an allergy to Gliclazide
- Have severe Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
GLIZID 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Gliclazide, which is used in the treatment of Type II Diabetes. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take GLIZID 40 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it with the meal.
How Much Of The GLIZID 40 Mg (Gliclazide) to Be Used?
GLIZID 40 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take GLIZID 40 mg.
How To Take The GLIZID 40 Mg (Gliclazide)?
GLIZID 40 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the whole tablet with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using GLIZID 40 Mg (Gliclazide)?
You are always advised to take GLIZID 40 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow the instructions given by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of GLIZID 40 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of GLIZID 40 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The GLIZID40 Mg (Gliclazide)?
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with GLIZID 40 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medications. It interacts with the following medicine:
- ACE Inhibitors
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- G6PD disease/hemolytic anemia
- Heart disease
Warning And Precaution:
GLIZID 40 mg should be used with caution in conditions like:
- Liver diseases
- Kidney Dysfunctioning
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should be used cautiously in hypoglycemic patients.
- It should be strictly avoided in pregnant/conceiving and breastfeeding Females
- GLIZID 40 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the GLIZID 40 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.