Grisovin FP 250 Mg
USA Brand Name
Grisovin FP 250 Mg (Griseofulvin)
What Is The Generic Name For Grisovin FP 250 Mg?
Griseofulvin is the generic version for Grisovin FP 250 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Grisovin FP 250 Mg (Griseofulvin)?
About Grisovin FP 250 Mg (Griseofulvin)
Grisovin FP 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Griseofulvin, which is used in the treatment of fungus infection (caused mainly by tinea strain) of Nail, Skin, Groin, Scalp, feet and other parts of the body. Grisovin FP 250 mg is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Glaxo SmithKline (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Grisovin FP 250 mg.
Grisovin FP 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Griseofulvin, 250 mg. It is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Grisovin FP 250 Mg (Griseofulvin)?
Grisovin FP 250 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Fungal Infection of skin, Nail, Groin, Scalp, and Feet
- Ringworm Infection
- Athlete’s Foot
- Jock Itch and other related Infection
How Grisovin FP 250 Mg (Griseofulvin) Works?
Grisovin FP 250 mg is an antifungal drug which has Griseofulvin, as an active ingredient. It basically works by inhibiting the growth of Fungus by preventing it from synthesizing Protective covering.
Before You Use Grisovin FP 250 Mg (Griseofulvin):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Grisovin FP 250 Mg (Griseofulvin)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet as it causes dizziness
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Grisovin FP 250 Mg (Griseofulvin)?
You should not take Grisovin FP 250 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy
- Have severe Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have any CNS disease
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any other Infection or Inflammation
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Grisovin FP 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Griseofulvin, which is used in the treatment of Fungal Infections. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Grisovin FP 250 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it with high Fat Diet for greater absorption and hence more effect. It is not recommended for pediatric use.
How Much Of The Grisovin FP 250 Mg (Griseofulvin) to Be Used?
Grisovin FP 250 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Grisovin FP 250 mg.
How To Take The Grisovin FP 250 Mg (Griseofulvin)?
Grisovin FP 250 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with a high-fat diet.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Grisovin FP 250 Mg (Griseofulvin)?
You are always advised to take Grisovin FP 250 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow the instructions given by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Grisovin FP 250 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Grisovin FP 250 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the Dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Grisovin FP 250 Mg (Griseofulvin)?
- Weight loss
- Loss of Appetite
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Muscle and Joint pain
- Cloudy urine
- Skin Peeling, Rashes, and Redness
- Sore throat
- Tongue/Mouth Irritation
- Tingling/Pricking sensation
- Intestinal Ulcer
- Unpleasant breath odor
- White spots in the mouth and lips
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Grisovin FP 250 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication and herbal Food supplements. It interacts with the following medicine:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
Warning And Precaution:
Grisovin FP 250 mg should be used cautiously in conditions like:
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Heart Diseases
- Stomach Disorder
- It can lead to Contraception Failure
- It can cause serious Skin Allergy and Light sensitivity
- It can cause excessive Dizziness and Drowsiness. You should avoid taking Alcohol and other drugs which act on the brain only.
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Its absorption is high when you take it with High Fat Diet
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should not be used in hypersensitivity (Allergy) and Porphyria
- It should be strictly avoided in pregnant/conceiving and breastfeeding Females
- Grisovin FP 250 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Grisovin FP 250 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.