Imdur 60 Mg
US Brand Name
Astra Zeneca, India
Imdur 60 Mg (Isosorbide Mononitrate)
What Is The Generic Name For Imdur 60 Mg?
Isosorbide Mononitrate is the generic version for Imdur 60 mg
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Imdur 60 Mg (Isosorbide Mononitrate)?
About Imdur 60 Mg (Isosorbide Mononitrate)
Imdur 60 mg contains an active ingredient, Isosorbide Mononitrate, which is a nitrate. It is used in the treatment of Angina (Chest Pain). It is widely available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Astra Zeneca (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Imdur 60 mg.
Imdur 60 mg contains an active ingredient, Isosorbide Mononitrate, 60 mg. It is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Imdur 60 Mg (Isosorbide Mononitrate)?
Imdur 60 mg is used in the treatment of:
Angina (Chest Pain)
How Imdur 60 Mg (Isosorbide Mononitrate) Works?
Imdur 60 mg is an antibiotic which has Isosorbide Mononitrate, as an active ingredient. It basically reduces the workload of the Heart and as a result, the heart muscle does not need as much blood and oxygen supply and relieves Pain.
Before You Use Imdur 60 Mg (Isosorbide Mononitrate):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your Pre-existing Diseases, any Surgery, or other medication
What Should You Avoid While Taking Imdur 60 Mg (Isosorbide Mononitrate)?
- You should avoid the intake of Licorice
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid taking medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Imdur 60 Mg (Isosorbide Mononitrate)?
You should not take Imdur 60 mg if you:
- Have Allergy
- Have severe Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Are Driving or Doing a Work which needs your alertness
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the Tablet
- Have Asthma
- Have Seizures or Thyroid problems
- Have any Heart Problem
- Any lung Infection
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Imdur 60 mg contains an active ingredient, Isosorbide mononitrate which is used in the treatment of Angina (Chest Pain). It is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dose and dosage frequency because the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Imdur 60 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it 1 hr before or 2 hr after the meal. It is not recommended for children below 18 years.
Nitrate free interval should be given to the patients (10-12 hrs) to avoid tolerance as this medicine is found to have a high tolerance in individuals.
How Much Of The Imdur 60 Mg (Isosorbide Mononitrate) to Be Used?
Imdur 60 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Imdur 60 mg.
How To Take The Imdur 60 Mg (Isosorbide Mononitrate)?
Imdur 60 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it 1 hr before or 2 hr after the meal.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Imdur 60 Mg (Isosorbide Mononitrate)?
You are always advised to take Imdur 60 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Nitrate free interval should be given to the patients (10-12 hrs) as this medicine is found to have high tolerance in individuals. To avoid the tolerance there should a few hours gap between the doses.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Imdur 60 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Imdur 60 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is time to take the next dose. Do not take a double dose at a single time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Imdur 60 Mg (Isosorbide Mononitrate)?
- Increased Heart Rate
- Flushing of Face
- Orthostatic Hypotension (Sudden Lowering of Blood Pressure while changing positions)
- Weight Loss
- Loss of Appetite
- Bluish discoloration of lips, fingernails, palm, or hands
- Irregular heartbeat
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Difficulty in breathing and swallowing
- Hives and redness of the skin
- Burning, numbness, tingling in the arms and feet
- Agitation and anxiety
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Imdur 60 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication or herbal supplements like Licorice. It interacts with the following medicine:
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
Warning And Precaution:
Imdur 60 mg should be used cautiously in conditions like:
- Reoccurring Headaches
- Liver and Lung Diseases
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Heart Diseases
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- Avoid Licorice while taking Imdur 60 mg
- It should not be used in hypersensitivity (Allergy) and Lung Diseases.
- It should be strictly avoided in pregnant/conceiving and breastfeeding Females
- Imdur 60 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Imdur 60 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.