Intalith CR 450 Mg
USA Brand Name
Intas Pharmaceuticals, India
Intalith CR 450 Mg (Lithium Carbonate)
What Is The Generic Name For Intalith CR 450 Mg?
Lithium Carbonate is the generic version for Intalith CR 450 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Intalith CR 450 Mg?
About Intalith CR 450 Mg (Lithium Carbonate)
Intalith CR 450 mg contains an active ingredient, Lithium Carbonate, which is used in the treatment of Mania and Bipolar Disorder. This is available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Intas Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Intalith CR 450 mg.
Intalith CR 450 mg contains an active ingredient, Lithium Carbonate, 450 mg. It is also available in the various strengths and Substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Intalith CR 450 Mg (Lithium Carbonate)?
Intalith CR 450 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Bipolar Disorder
How Intalith CR 450 Mg (Lithium Carbonate) Works?
Intalith CR 450 mg is an antibiotic which has Lithium Carbonate, as an active ingredient. It basically works by suppressing the abnormal or excessive activity of Nerve Cells in the brain.
Before You Use Intalith CR 450 Mg (Lithium Carbonate):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you are not taking Alcohol and coffee
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Intalith CR 450 Mg (Lithium Carbonate)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid taking alcohol and coffee as they act as a diuretic which lowers down the Intalith levels.
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Intalith CR 450 Mg (Lithium Carbonate)?
You should not take Intalith CR 450 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy
- Have severe Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Are Driving or Doing a Work which needs your alertness
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Asthma
- Have Seizures/Epilepsy
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Intalith CR 450 mg contains an active ingredient, Lithium Carbonate, which is used in the treatment of Mania and Bipolar Disorder. It is widely available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Intalith CR 450 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it with food. It is not recommended for children below 12 years of age.
How Much Of The Intalith CR 450 Mg (Lithium Carbonate) to Be Used?
Intalith CR 450 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Intalith CR 450 mg.
How To Take The Intalith CR 450 Mg (Lithium Carbonate)?
Intalith CR 450 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Intalith CR 450 Mg (Lithium Carbonate)?
You are always advised to take Intalith CR 450 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Intalith CR 450 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Intalith CR 450 mg should be taken as soon as (< 4 hrs.) you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose (> 6 hrs, in case of extended, controlled or slow-release tablets). Do not double the dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Intalith CR 450 Mg (Lithium Carbonate)?
- Slurred Speech
- Uncoordinated Movements
- Increased thirst
- Weight gain
- Blurred Vision
- Hair Loss
- Enlarged Thyroid Gland
- Increased White Blood Cell Count
- Memory Impairment
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Intalith CR 450 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medications. It interacts with the following medicine:
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEI's)
- This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Heart Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Intalith CR 450 mg should be used cautiously in conditions like:
- Brugada Syndrome
- Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalance
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Severe Heart Diseases
- Kidney Dysfunction
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Do not involve yourself in vigorous Exercises or Dieting Schedule.
- Take plenty of water (2-3 liters per day)
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- Monitoring of kidney, heart and thyroid function is important while taking Intalith CR 450 mg
- Monitoring of Lithium Levels in serum should be done before taking Intalith CR 450 mg to prevent Lithium Toxicity.
- Intalith CR 450 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Intalith CR 450 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.