Ivabrad 5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Ivabrad 5 Mg (Ivabradine)
What Is The Generic Name For Ivabrad 5 Mg:
Ivabradine is the generic version for Ivabrad 5 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Ivabrad 5 mg (Ivabradine):
About Ivabrad 5 Mg (Ivabradine):
Ivabrad 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Ivabradine 5 mg per tablet, and used for the treatment of Chest Pain (Angina Pectoris) and Heart Failure. You can buy this prescription based drug from any of the online leading pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores.
Lupin (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Ivabrad 5 mg.
Ivabrad 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Ivabradine 5 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Ivabrad 5 Mg (Ivabradine):
Ivabrad 5 mg is used in:
- Chest Pain (Angina Pectoris)
- Heart Failure
How Ivabrad 5 Mg (Ivabradine) Works:
Ivabrad 5 mg has an active ingredient, Ivabradine is heart rate lowering medication which helps in reducing the heart rate that lowers the oxygen requirement of the heart and leads to the more efficient heart work.
Before You Use Ivabrad 5 Mg (Ivabradine):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Ivabradine
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Ivabrad 5 Mg (Ivabradine):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid caffeine, alcohol or carbonated drinks as they can worsen the symptoms.
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Ivabrad 5 Mg (Ivabradine):
You should avoid Ivabrad 5 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have Heart Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Ivabrad 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Ivabradine 4 mg, used in the treatment of Chest Pain (Angina) and Heart Failure. Ivabrad 5 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Ask your doctor for the duration and frequency of the dose as the age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Ivabrad 5 mg at a fixed time, with food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for pregnant/Breastfeeding women and pediatric population. Also, dose adjustment is needed in case of hepatic/ renal dysfunction or other complications.
How Much Of The Ivabrad 5 Mg (Ivabradine) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Ivabrad 5 mg.
How To Take The Ivabrad 5 Mg (Ivabradine):
Ivabrad 5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with a glass of water. Avoid chewing or crushing of the tablet. It is better to take it with food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Ivabrad 5 Mg (Ivabradine)
You are always advised to take Ivabrad 5 mg as long as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended as it will lead to side effects of the medicine.
Contact your doctor or reach a nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like high blood pressure, slow heart rate, irregular heartbeat (shortness of breath, heart pressure), palpitations, etc.
A missed dose of Ivabrad 5 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the doses for next time if you missed a dose once as multiple dosing at a time may lead to fatal effects to the patients
What Are The Side Effects Of The Ivabrad 5 Mg (Ivabradine)
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Dry skin
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Ivabrad 5 mg may interfere with many other drugs or supplements you are taking simultaneously that can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always discuss with your doctor if you are on Vitamins, OTC Drugs, other medicines or any Herbal Supplements. Few drugs which interact with the medicine are:
- Clarithromycin and other antibiotics
- Antiretroviral Drugs
- Timolol, Propranolol, Sotalol, etc.
Warning And Precaution:
Ivabrad 5 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Other Heart Problems
- It is not recommended for pregnant/Breastfeeding women and pediatric population
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- You should follow a regular exercise and proper diet schedule.
- Do not drive at night especially when you have taken Ivabrad 5mg Tablet as it may cause transient luminous phenomena consisting mainly of phosphenes.
- Monitor your Heartbeats, Heart rate, and Blood Pressure while taking this medicine
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop taking Ivabrad 5 mg on your own at any time or do not take it for longer than recommended. Let your doctor decide the doses and duration of the medicine to be taken.
Store the Ivabrad 5 mg at room temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.