Lametec 50 Mg
US Brand Name
Lametec 50 Mg (Lamotrigine)
What Is The Generic Name For Lametec 50 Mg?
Lamotrigine is the generic version for Lametec 50 mg
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Lametec 50 Mg (Lamotrigine)?
About Lametec 50 Mg (Lamotrigine)
Lametec 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Lamotrigine, an anticonvulsant/antiepileptic which is used to control seizures and also used in the bipolar disorders. You can find it at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Lametec 50 mg.
Lametec 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Lamotrigine, 50 mg. It is also available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Lametec 50 Mg (Lamotrigine)?
Lametec 50 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Bipolar Disorders
How Lametec 50 Mg (Lamotrigine) Works?
Lametec 50 mg has Lamotrigine, an antiepileptic/anticonvulsant agent that basically controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Before You Use Lametec 50 Mg (Lamotrigine):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you are not taking Alcohol
- Make sure that you are not having any severe or fatal disease in which it can worsen its effects
- Make sure that you do not have Liver/Kidney/Heart Problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Disease or surgery or medications)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Lametec 50 Mg (Lamotrigine)?
- You should not drive after taking it until you feel comfortable
- You should avoid taking Alcohol or Beverages
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Lametec 50 Mg (Lamotrigine)?
You should not take Lametec 50 mg if you:
- Have Hypersensitivity
- Have severe Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Are Driving or Doing a Work which needs your alertness
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Asthma
- Have Seizures/Epilepsy
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Lametec 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Lamotrigine, which is used in the treatment of Epilepsy and Bipolar Disorder. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and duration because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Lametec 50 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You should take it dissolving in a glass of water with food. Proper dose adjustments should be done carefully for population below 17 yrs.
How Much Of The Lametec 50 Mg (Lamotrigine) to Be Used?
Lametec 50 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Lametec 50 mg.
How To Take The Lametec 50 Mg (Lamotrigine)?
Lametec 50 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should dissolve the tablet in a glass of water and drink it whole. It is better to take it with food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Lametec 50 Mg?
You are always advised to take Lametec 50 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Lametec 50 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Lametec 50 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Lametec 50 Mg (Lamotrigine)?
- Blurred or double vision
- Loss of coordination
- Skin rash
- Depressed mood
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
- Flu-like symptoms
- Muscle Cramps
- Weight loss
- Loss of Appetite
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Lametec 50 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication or any food or herbal supplements or vitamins. It interacts with the following medicine:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Valproic Acid
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Aseptic Meningitis
Warning And Precaution:
Lametec 50 mg should be used cautiously in conditions like:
- Hypersensitivity as it can cause severe Allergic reaction like Steven Johnson Syndrome or Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis especially in 2-17 years of population
- Brain Disorders/ Mood Disorders
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Heart Diseases
- It may cause Neutropenia, Anemia, and Aplastic anemia. Frequent monitoring of blood cell count is necessary
- It may cause Drug Withdrawal symptoms if you stop taking medicine abruptly without consulting to your doctor. Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment.
Things To Remember:
- Regular monitoring of complete blood cell count is important.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- You should take it cautiously in any condition
- Lametec 50 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Lametec 50 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.