Lastet 100 Mg Injection 5 ml
USA Brand Name
Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Lastet 100 Mg Injection 5 Ml (Etoposide)
What Is The Generic Name For Lastet 100 Mg Injection:
Etoposide is the generic version for Lastet 100 mg Injection
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Lastet 100 Mg Injection (Etoposide):
About Lastet 100 Mg Injection (Etoposide)
Lastet 100 mg Injection contains an active ingredient, Etoposide, which is used in the treatment of cancer of the testicles & ovaries and certain cancers of the lungs, blood, and lymphatic system. Lung cancer is one of the most widespread cancers in the world. Cigarette smoking is the main cause of lung cancers. The more cigarettes smoked per day and the earlier you started smoking, the greater your risk of lung cancer. High levels of pollution, radiation, and asbestos exposure may also increase risk. The cells of testicles, i.e., the male reproductive organ start to grow abnormally leading to testicular cancer. It is also known as germ cell cancer. It is of two types, seminoma testicular cancer and non-seminoma testicular cancer. This medicine is easily available with all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, & medical supply stores; though, this medication should be taken on doctor’s prescription only.
Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt. Ltd. is the primary pharmaceutical company that manufactures Lastet 100 mg Injection.
Lastet 100 mg Injection contains an active constituent, Etoposide (100 mg). This medicine is easily available with all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Lastet 100 Mg Injection (Etoposide):
Lastet 100 mg Injection is used for the treatment in the following conditions:
- Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Ovarian Cancer
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
How Lastet 100 Mg Injection (Etoposide) Works:
Lastet 100 mg Injection has an active ingredient, Etoposide is an anti-cancer medication. This medicine acts by suppressing the activity of an enzyme (topoisomerase II) involved in DNA multiplication of the cancer cells. This slows the growth of cancer cells & eventually kills them.
Before You Use Lastet 100 Mg Injection (Etoposide):
Make certain that:
- You are not having some severe Disease
- You are not sensitive to Etoposide
- You must update your doctor vis-à-vis your medical histories like your pre-existing disease, Medications & surgeries, supplements, Food Habits, lifestyle, and the rest.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Lastet 100 Mg Injection (Etoposide):
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid smoking
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Lastet 100 Mg Injection (Etoposide):
You should not take Lastet 100 mg Injection if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Have severe myelosuppression
- Have infections
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an Allergy to the Injection
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have Liver/ Kidney disease
- Have infections
Lastet 100 mg Injection contains an active ingredient, Etoposide, which is used in the treatment of cancer of the testicles & ovaries and certain cancers of the lungs, blood, and lymphatic system. This medicine is easily available with all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores; though, this medication should be taken on doctor’s prescription only. The patient must discuss with the medical doctor for an alteration of dosage & time of medicine, knowing the fact that severity of the disease can vary from person to person. Your doctor can best judge this adjustment.
Adults are advised to take Lastet 100 mg Injection at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your medical doctor. You must take Lastet 100 mg Injection regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Lastet 100 Mg Injection (Etoposide) to Be Used:
Lastet 100 mg Injection is easily available in various strengths & substitutes. Patients are suggested to pursue doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Lastet 100 mg Injection. You must not take this Injection on your own & for a more extended period as recommended by the doctor.
How To Take The Lastet 100 Mg Injection (Etoposide):
Lastet 100 mg Injection should be taken at a fixed time, as suggested by your doctor. Your doctor or nurse will inject you Lastet 100 mg Injection. Kindly do not self administer this medication.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Lastet 100 Mg Injection (Etoposide):
You are always suggested to take Lastet 100 mg Injection as prescribed. You must not stop or start taking this medicine all of a sudden on your own. You must follow all the procedures given by your doctor carefully. You should not receive the Injection in a smaller or larger measure or for an extended period than suggested by the doctor.
You must seek medical emergency treatment & get in touch with your medical doctor straight away in the situation of any overdose symptoms. As Lastet 100 mg Injection is administered in the hospital or clinical setup by a healthcare expert, the possibility of an overdose is very low. However, the emergency treatment will be started by your medical doctor if they observe any overdose symptoms in you.
The missed dose of the Injection has to be taken as fast as viable. You should firmly skip out the missed dose if it is the time for your next planned dosage by now. It is strictly recommended not to double the dosage of the treatment to make up for the missed dose. As Lastet 100 mg Injection is administered in the hospital or clinical setup by a skilled healthcare expert, the possibility of a missed dose is very little.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Lastet 100 Mg Injection (Etoposide):
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Hair loss
- Loss of appetite
- Decrease in blood cell count
- Low blood pressure
- Abnormal Liver function
- Heart attack
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Many of the medicines have been reported to interact with Lastet 100 mg Injection. These interactions may engender some unwanted or unfavourable effects, or it may probably cause your drug not to function correctly. You should often have a conversation with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements; consequently, well-proposed medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Live attenuated vaccines and related products
This medicine can as well interact with the following mentioned disease condition:
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
Warning And Precaution:
Lastet 100 mg Injection can worsen the conditions like:
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- You must get your blood test done repeatedly during treatment to monitor the side effects of Etoposide on your blood cells
- Regular blood tests are essential to check your blood cells along with kidney, liver & heart function during treatment with this medicine
- You have to use a consistent contraceptive method to avoid pregnancy while you are on this medication as it can cause birth defects
- You should not drive or operate heavy machines besides taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- You are supposed not to take this drug if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or are breastfeeding
- You must always discuss with your medical doctor to obtain the first-rate treatment if you are observing a number of the conditions mentioned above.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Lastet 100 mg Injection out of reach & vision of the children
- This treatment is strictly used with care for the treatment of children
- Lastet 100 mg Injection is not suggested for use by pregnant women due to the augmented risk of detrimental effects on the unborn child
- You have to always check up the information in predominantly printed on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- You must continuously discuss with your medical doctor if you have any uncertainty in terms of the dosage, strength & time of the drug.
Lastet 100 mg Injection should be used as recommended by your doctor. You must not take this drug for a more extended period than prescribed by the medical doctor.
Store the Lastet 100 mg Injection at room temperature in dark & dry location. Make sure that the Injection is intact & not broken while purchasing or storing.