Lotepred Eye Drop of 5 ml
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Lotepred Eye Drop 5 Ml (Loteprednol)
What Is The Generic Name For Loteprednol?
Loteprednol is the generic version for Lotepred Eye Drop
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Lotepred Eye Drop 5 Ml (Loteprednol)?
About Lotepred (Loteprednol):
Lotepred Eye Drop 5 Ml contains an active ingredient, Loteprednol, and used for the treatment of Allergic Disorders and Eye Disorders. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy Stores, drugstores and medical supply stores but can be given on doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Loteprednol.
Lotepred Eye Drops contains an active ingredient, Loteprednol which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Lotepred Eye Drop 5 Ml (Loteprednol)?
Loteprednol is used in:
- Allergic Disorders
- Eye Disorders
How Lotepred Eye Drop 5 Ml (Loteprednol) Works?
Lotepred Eye Drop 5 Ml is consisting of Loteprednol as an ophthalmic corticosteroid. It has been hypothesized that it induces certain proteins (phospholipase A2 inhibitory proteins) which inhibit the formation of compounds like prostaglandin and leukotrienes which promote inflammation. As a result, Loteprednol reduces the redness, swelling, and itching at the site of administration.
Before You Use Lotepred Eye Drop 5 Ml (Loteprednol):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Loteprednol
- You are not using contact lenses
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Lotepred Eye Drop 5 Ml (Loteprednol)?
- You should avoid it taking more than 10 days
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Lotepred Eye Drop 5 Ml (Loteprednol)?
You should avoid Loteprednol if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have increased pressure inside the eyes that cause visual problem, pain, redness, itching or inflammation in eyes
- Have gone through recent cataract surgery
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have any other visual problem, any Inflammation or any pressure problem inside the eye.
- Have gone through any Eye surgery
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Lotepred Eye Drop 5 Ml contains an active ingredient, Loteprednol, which is used in the treatment of Allergic Disorders and Eye Disorders. Loteprednol is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency of dose as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Lotepred Eye Drop 5 Ml at a fixed time, preferably in morning time.
How Much Of The Lotepred Eye Drop 5 Ml (Loteprednol) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Loteprednol.
How To Take The Lotepred Eye Drop 5 Ml (Loteprednol)?
Lotepred Eye Drop 5 Ml should be taken at a fixed time once or twice a day as directed by your doctor. You may take it by holding the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Then, gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid/ear. Wipe off extra liquid with a clean/fresh tissue.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Lotepred Eye Drop 5 Ml (Loteprednol)?
You are always advised to take Lotepred Eye Drops as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Rinse your eyes thoroughly in case of any irritation or severe symptom of inflammation and contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of the eye drop should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose you missed if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take multiple doses next time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Lotepred Eye Drop 5 Ml (Loteprednol)?
- Electrolyte Imbalance
- Redistribution/Accumulation of Body Fat
- Bone Degradation
- Increased Risk of Infection
- Muscle Disorders
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Altered Bone Growth
- Skin Scar
- Behavioral Changes
- Increased Glucose Level in Blood
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines may interact with Lotepred which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements so that a well planned medication can be followed.
Warning And Precaution:
Lotepred Eye Drop 5 Ml should be used very cautiously in:
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Eye disorders or inflammation or Surgeries
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Do not touch Eye Drop tip while using it and use it within a month once opened
- Clean your hands before using the Eye Drop.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop earlier /take it for longer than recommended by your physician.
Store it at room temperature in clean and dry place. Do not freeze it.