Mamofen 20 Mg
US Brand Name
Mamofen 20 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate)
What Is The Generic Name For Mamofen:
Tamoxifen Citrate is the generic version for Mamofen
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Mamofen 20 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate):
About Mamofen 20 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate):
Mamofen 20 mg is an anticancer drug containing an active ingredient, Tamoxifen 20 mg which is used for the treatment of Breast Cancer. You can buy this prescription based drug from any of the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores.
Khandelwal (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Mamofen 20 mg.
Mamofen 20 mg contains Tamoxifen Citrate, 20 mg per tablet. Momofen tablets may be available in the various strengths and other substitutes at all the leading online drugstores, pharmacy stores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Mamofen 20 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate):
Mamofen 20 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Breast Cancer in both female and male
How Mamofen 20 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate) Works:
Tamoxifen is an active anticancer ingredient that works by blocking the effects of estrogen, a natural female hormone in breast tissue responsible for breast cancer.
Before You Use Mamofen 20 mg (Tamoxifen Citrate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Tamoxifen Citrate
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, vitamins, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Mamofen 20 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving or any mechanical risky job
- You should avoid Conceiving while taking this medicine
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Mamofen 20 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate):
You should avoid Mamofen 20 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have any Blood Problem or heart problem
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are pregnant/conceiving/Breastfeeding
- You must consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Are suffering from High Blood pressure, Chest Pain, and Prolongation of QT Interval
- Have Bleeding Problems
- Have Kidney Problems/Kidney Cancer
- Are going to have a Surgery or operated recently
- Take Alcohol
- Have any Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
- Mamofen 20 mg may increase the risk of Uterine Cancer, a Blood Clot in the Lung, or stroke which can be fatal. Always talk about these risks with your doctor.
Mamofen 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Tamoxifen Citrate, which is used in the treatment of Breast Cancer. Mamofen 20 mg is a prescription based drug and may be found in various strengths and other substitutes. Always ask your doctor for the duration of dosage as the age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Mamofen 20 mg at a fixed time with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is used for breast cancer in both men and women but it must be used cautiously and healthy people/children should stay away from this medicine.
How Much Of The Mamofen 20 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate) to Be Used:
You are advised to follow your doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Mamofen 20 mg. Do not exceed/decrease the dose on your own as it may result in adverse effects or no effects.
How To Take The Mamofen 20 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate):
Mamofen 20 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It can be taken with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Mamofen 20 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate)
You are always advised to take Mamofen 20 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in the larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor or reach a nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting overdose symptoms like a blood clot, stroke, fluid retention, skin allergies and itching, swelling of body parts, other cancers, etc.
A missed dose of Mamofen 20 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Mamofen 20 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate)
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Fluid retention
- Skin Rash or Itching
- Pain/ Swelling In The Legs
- Absent, Missed, or Irregular Periods
- Trouble Breathing
- Decrease In The Amount of Urine
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Mamofen 20 mg may interact with other medicines or supplements you are already taking and this interaction can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You are always advised to tell your doctor about the medicines, Vitamins, or Herbal Supplements you are taking. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Do not use Soy products while taking Mamofen 20 mg as it may lead to stimulation of Tumor Growth.
Warning And Precaution:
Mamofen 20 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Other types of cancers
- Infections and inflammations
- It must be used in Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women only when it becomes necessary to use and that to be used very cautiously.
- Always discuss your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions
Things To Remember:
- You are advised to go for blood tests, eye tests and gynecological tests before and while you are taking this medicine
- Breast self-examination and liver examination is very important while taking this medicine
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and the strength of the Tablet
- Do not stop taking Mamofen 20 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician/doctor
- If you're taking its solution, make sure to keep it at room temperature and protect it from light. Throw it away after 3 months, even if you haven't finished all of it.
Store the Mamofen 20 mg at a cool temperature in a dark, clean and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.