Megalis 20 Mg
USA Brand Name
Macleods Pharmaceuticals, India
Megalis 20 Mg (Tadalafil)
What Is The Generic Name For Megalis 20 Mg?
Tadalafil is the generic version for Megalis 20 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Megalis 20 Mg (Tadalafil)?
About Megalis 20 Mg (Tadalafil):
Megalis 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Tadalafil, which is used to treat Erectile Dysfunction in which may be available at all the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores but only on doctor’s prescription.
Macleods Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Megalis 20 mg.
Megalis 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Tadalafil 20 mg per tablet which is in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Megalis 20 Mg (Tadalafil)?
Megalis 20 mg is used in:
- Erectile Dysfunctioning
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
How Megalis 20 Mg (Tadalafil) Works?
Megalis 20 mg tablet contains Tadalafil, a phosphodiesterase (PDE-5) inhibitor which basically works in erectile dysfunctioning by increasing the blood flow to the penis by relaxing the muscles in penile blood vessels. It has been also found to work in pulmonary hypertension by relaxing the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow more easily.
Before You Use Megalis 20 Mg (Tadalafil)?
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Tadalafil
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Megalis 20 Mg (Tadalafil)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Megalis 20 Mg (Tadalafil)?
You should not take Megalis 20 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have recently taken nitrates (for angina or chest pain)
- Recently had a stroke, a heart attack or if you have serious liver disease or very low blood pressure (<90/50 mmHg)
- Have any Kidney/Liver Dysfunctioning
- Are Children and Females
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Heart Problems/Hypotension
- If the erection persists for more than two hours after sexual intercourse
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have gone through any surgery
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Megalis 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Tadalafil, which is used in Erectile Dysfunctioning and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always discuss with your doctor for the duration and dosage.
Adults are advised to take Megalis 20 mg before 1 hr of sexual intercourse. It is not recommended for children or adolescents below the age of 18 years.
How Much Of The Megalis 20 Mg (Tadalafil) To Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Megalis 20 mg tablets. Only one tablet should be taken once a day only.
How To Take The Megalis 20 Mg (Tadalafil)?
Megalis 20 mg dose should be taken 1 hr before or between 1 and 4 hrs before the intercourse or as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Megalis 20 Mg (Tadalafil)?
You are always advised to take Megalis 20 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it for a continuous long period.
You should always call your doctor immediately if you are suspecting any symptoms due to Overdose.
Megalis 20 mg can be taken whenever you want. You just need to remember to take it before the intercourse. Just skip the dose if it is missed and never take multiple doses next time if you missed it once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Megalis 20 Mg (Tadalafil)?
- Persistent cough
- Decrease/loss of vision
- Change in color vision
- Decrease/loss of hearing
- Prolonged and painful erection
- Allergic skin reaction
- Difficulty in breathing
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands, and feet
- Peeling and blistering of the skin
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Pain in the arms, legs and the back
- Uterine bleeding
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Megalis 20 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It can also interact with the diseased conditions like:
- Disease of Retina
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Obstructive Disease of Lungs
Warning And Precaution:
Megalis 20 Mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Loss of Vision
- Loss of Hearing
- Heart Disease
- Deformation of Penis
- Prolonged and Painful Erection
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding women
- Always contact your doctor for all the pre-existing Diseases and medications for the dose adjustments for better effects.
Things To Remember:
- It is best when used about 1 hour before sexual intercourse but you can take it anywhere between 30 minutes and 4 hours before sexual activity.
- Megalis 20 mg helps to achieve and maintain an erection, but it will not produce the erection without sexual stimulation.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do consult with your doctor in case of any confusion of dose, time, and route of administration of the medication.
Do not take Megalis 20 mg more than once in a day and only when you need it.
Store the Megalis 20 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.