Mesacol 800 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Mesacol 800 Mg Tablet (Mesalamine)
What Is The Generic Name For Mesacol?
Mesalamine is the generic version for Mesacol
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Mesacol 800 Mg (Mesalamine)?
About Mesacol 800 Mg (Mesalamine)
Mesacol 800 mg contains Mesalamine as an active ingredient which is used in the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease and available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Mesacol 800 mg.
Mesacol 800 mg contains Mesalamine, 800 mg per tablet which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Mesacol 800 Mg (Mesalamine)?
Mesacol 800 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis (Swelling and Scarring of Colon and Rectum)
How Mesacol 800 Mg (Mesalamine) Works?
Mesacol 800 mg containing Mesalamine blocks the release of chemical messengers that cause inflammation of the lining of the intestine.
Before You Use Mesacol 800 Mg (Mesalamine):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Mesalamine
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Mesacol 800 Mg (Mesalamine)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving as it may cause Drowsiness
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Mesacol 800 Mg (Mesalamine)?
You should not take Mesacol 800 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Liver/Kidney Dysfunctioning
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the Tablet
- Have Blood Disorders or uncontrolled Bleeding
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Stomach or Bowel Ulcers
- Have Asthma or any other Lung Disease
- Have Galactose Intolerance or Glucose-Galactose Malabsorption
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant/conceiving/Breastfeeding
Mesacol 800 mg contains Mesalamine, which is used in the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Its suppository is also available without any side effects. You should consult your doctor for the duration of dosage and frequency as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Mesacol 800 mg tablet at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. Try to take it regularly for better results.
How Much Of The Mesacol 800 Mg (Mesalamine) to Be Used?
Mesacol 800 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Mesacol 800 mg.
How To Take The Mesacol 800 Mg (Mesalamine)?
Mesacol 800 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time regularly with or without food or as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Mesacol 800 Mg?
You are always advised to take Mesacol 800 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop using this medicine suddenly if you are feeling better. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect the Overdose symptoms.
- Symptomatic Supportive measures should be taken in case of Extended-Release Mesacol 800 mg Tablet.
- Overdose of Mesacol 800 mg suppository is rare due to limited absorption from the colon.
You should try to take every dose of Mesacol 800 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Mesacol 800 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not double the dose if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Mesacol 800 Mg (Mesalamine)?
- Abdominal and stomach pain
- Blurred vision
- Irregular heartbeat
- Hair loss
- Dry mouth
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Mesacol 800 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other Medication or Beverages or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Botulism immune globulin
It may also interact with Disease conditions like:
- Impaired Liver Function
- Renal Impairment
Warning And Precaution:
Mesacol 800 mg can worsen the conditions like:
- Active Peptic Ulcer
- Liver/ kidney Dysfunction
- It should be given cautiously
- In the patients who are using NSAIDs as it may increase the risk of Renal Impairment.
- In Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment or replacements when you are suffering from all these conditions
Things To Remember:
- To lower the risk of Dizziness, rise up slowly from lying or sitting position
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
Mesacol 800 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Always take the doses on time and regularly as per schedule. Do not stop in between even if you feel better.
Store the Mesacol 800 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.