Milflox 0.5% 5 ml
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Milflox 0.5% Eye Drop 5 Ml (Moxifloxacin)
What Is The Generic Name For Moxifloxacin?
Moxifloxacin is the generic version for Milflox 0.5% Eye Drop
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Milflox 0.5% Eye Drops 5 Ml (Moxifloxacin)?
- Vigamox Eye Drop
About Milflox 0.5% Eye Drops (Moxifloxacin):
Milflox 0.5% Eye Drops 5 ml contains an active ingredient, Moxifloxacin, an antibiotic which is used for the treatment of Bacterial Infection in Eye. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy Stores, drugstores and medical supply stores but can be given on doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Milflox 0.5% Eye Drops.
Milflox 0.5% Eye Drops contains an active ingredient, Moxifloxacin 0.5% w/v in a 5 ml bottle which may be available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Milflox 0.5% Eye Drop 5 Ml (Moxifloxacin)?
- Moxifloxacin is used in:
- Bacterial Infections of Eye/Ear
How Milflox 0.5% Eye Drop 5 Ml (Moxifloxacin) Works?
Milflox 0.5% Eye Drop 5 ml is consisting of Moxifloxacin, an antibiotic which kills bacteria by inhibiting the DNA replication.
Before You Use Milflox 0.5% Eye Drop 5 Ml (Moxifloxacin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Moxifloxacin
- You are not using contact lenses
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Milflox 0.5% Eye Drop 5 Ml (Moxifloxacin)?
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Milflox 0.5% Eye Drop 5 Ml (Moxifloxacin)?
You should avoid Moxifloxacin if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have increased pressure inside the eyes, redness, itching or inflammation in eyes
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have any Inflammation or any pressure problem inside the eye.
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Milflox 0.5% Eye Drop 5 Ml contains an active ingredient, Moxifloxacin, which is used in the treatment of Eye Infection and should be given on prescription. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dose as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person. Moxifloxacin is also available in tablet or capsule forms which can be given by your doctor only.
Patients are advised to take Milflox 0.5% Eye Drop 5 ml at a fixed time, preferably in morning and evening time or prescribed by your doctor.
How Much Of The Milflox 0.5% Eye Drop 5 Ml (Moxifloxacin) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Moxifloxacin.
How To Take The Milflox 0.5% Eye Drop 5 Ml (Moxifloxacin)?
Milflox 0.5% Eye Drop 5 ml should be taken at a fixed time once or twice a day as directed by your doctor. You may take it by holding the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Then, gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid/ear. Wipe off the extra liquid with a clean/fresh tissue.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Milflox 0.5% Eye Drop 5 Ml (Moxifloxacin)?
You are always advised to use the eye drops as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Rinse your eyes thoroughly in case of any irritation or severe symptom of inflammation and contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of the eye drop should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose you missed if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take multiple doses next time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Milflox 0.5% Eye Drop 5 Ml (Moxifloxacin)?
- Abdominal pain
- Blurred vision
- Bone pain
- Severe sunburn
- Acid or sour stomach
- White patches in the mouth or on the tongue
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines may interact with Milflox 0.5% which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements so that a well planned medication can be followed. Following are the drugs which interact with Milflox 0.5%:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Antidiabetic drugs
Warning And Precaution:
Milflox 0.5% Eye Drop 5 ml should be used very cautiously in:
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Blurred Vision
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Eye disorders or inflammation or Surgeries
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Do not touch Eye Drop tip while using it and use it within a month once opened
- Clean your hands before using the Eye Drop.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop earlier /take it for longer than recommended by your physician.
Store it at room temperature in clean and dry place. Do not freeze it.