Monocef 500 Mg Injection
USA Brand Name
Aristo Pharmaceuticals, India
Monocef 500 mg Injection (Ceftriaxone Sodium)
What Is The Generic Name For Monocef:
Ceftriaxone Sodium is the generic version for Monocef
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Monocef 500 mg (Ceftriaxone Sodium):
About Monocef 500 mg (Ceftriaxone Sodium):
Monocef 500 mg injection contains Ceftriaxone Sodium 500 mg which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin and soft-tissue, ear, bone, blood, abdomen, genital and lungs (pneumonia). It is also used to prevent the infections after surgery. This injection must be purchased on prescription only from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and must be administered by Doctor or a Nurse.
One of the leading companies, Aristo Pharmaceuticals (India) is manufacturing Monocef 500 mg Injection.
Monocef 500 mg contains Ceftriaxone Sodium 500 mg per injection. This may also be available in other substitutes at any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Monocef 500 mg (Ceftriaxone Sodium):
Monocef 500 mg is used to treat bacterial Infections:
- Urinary tract infections
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Ear infection
- Bone and blood infections
- Gastrointestinal infections
- Infections after surgery
How Monocef 500 mg (Ceftriaxone Sodium) Works:
Monocef 500 mg is an antibiotic medicine containing Ceftriaxone Sodium, which acts by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering responsible for the survival of bacteria in the human body.
Before You Use Monocef 500 mg (Ceftriaxone Sodium):
Make sure that:
You are not allergic to its contents
You have informed the doctor about your Pre-existing diseases, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc
What Should You Avoid While Taking Monocef 500 mg (Ceftriaxone Sodium):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Monocef 500 mg (Ceftriaxone Sodium):
You should avoid Monocef 500 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Are taking blood thinners as it may increase the bleeding tendencies
- Get skin rashes, allergy, irritation, itching, swelling of face and mouth and have difficulty in breathing
- Have severe gastrointestinal/Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Hypersensitive to it
- Are having any liver/ Kidney disease
- Have Asthma, gastrointestinal disease, seizures, any brain disease, etc.
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Monocef (Ceftriaxone Sodium) is also available in various substitutes and must be administered by a doctor or a nurse only. Consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage of the injection as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Monocef 500 mg at a fixed time and must be injected by a doctor or a nurse. Do not self administer the drug. It is not recommended for the infants and pregnant women.
How Much Of The Monocef 500 mg (Ceftriaxone Sodium) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Monocef 500 mg. The dose which is to given is depending upon the severity of the infection. Dose of the drug must be adjusted according to the condition of the patients.
How To Take The Monocef 500 mg (Ceftriaxone Sodium):
Monocef 500 mg should be administered by a doctor or a nurse. Do not self administer the Monocef injection. It is available in a glass vial which has to be broken through its neck and taken in a syringe. Then, its contents must be given through intravenous or intramuscular route in the patients.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Monocef 500 mg (Ceftriaxone Sodium)
You are always advised to take Monocef 500 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Patients are not advised to take it for a longer time than recommended but they should complete the course even if they have seen better results in short time.
Contact your doctor or reach nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like swelling of face and feet, vomiting, chest pain, etc.
A missed dose of Monocef 500 mg should be taken as soon as you remember that too after consulting with your doctor. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take double/ multiple doses next time if you missed once/twice. Talk to your doctor if you have not followed a proper course.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Monocef 500 mg (Ceftriaxone Sodium)
- Nausea/ Vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Blood in stool
- Chest pain
- Stomach ache
- Pain and allergy at the injection site
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Monocef may interact with other medicines, which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Hence, always inform your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal or food Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Live vaccines
It may also interact with the diseased conditions:
- Impaired Kidney Functions
Warning And Precaution:
Monocef 500 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Allergy to any of its contents
- Impaired gastrointestinal/ kidney/ Liver function
- Newborn younger than 29 days old with high blood bilirubin or jaundice
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- It is not recommended for who are taking blood thinners as may increase your bleeding tendencies
- Consult your doctor for dosage adjustment and effective treatment if you have above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Keep monitoring Kidney/Liver and Blood Cell counts while taking this medicine
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Injection
- Do not stop taking Monocef 500 mg on your own in between the course or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician.
- Dose must be reduced gradually to stop using the medicine. It must not be stopped suddenly.
Store the injection at cool temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure that the injection is not damaged or leaked.