Mycobutol 600 Mg
USA Brand Name
Cadila Pharmaceuticals, India
Mycobutol 600 Mg (Ethambutol)
What Is The Generic Name For Mycobutol 600 Mg?
Ethambutol is the generic version for Mycobutol 600 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Mycobutol 600 Mg (Ethambutol)?
About Mycobutol 600 Mg (Ethambutol)
Mycobutol 600 mg contains an active ingredient, Ethambutol, an antitubercular drug which is used in the treatment of Tuberculosis. It is available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cadila (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Mycobutol 600 mg.
Mycobutol 600 mg contains an active ingredient, Ethambutol, 200 mg. You can find it in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Mycobutol 600 Mg (Ethambutol)?
Mycobutol 600 mg is used in the treatment of Bacterial Infections:
How Mycobutol 600 mg (Ethambutol) Works?
Mycobutol 600 mg has an antibiotic medicine, Ethambutol which basically slows down the growth of the bacteria that causes Tuberculosis.
Before You Use Mycobutol 600 mg (Ethambutol):
- Make sure that you do not take Alcohol
- Make sure that you do not take OTC medicines without prescriptions
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, or Medication)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Mycobutol 600 mg (Ethambutol)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid coffee, chocolate, tea, and food containing cocoa and caffeine
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Mycobutol 600 mg (Ethambutol)?
You should not take Mycobutol 600 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed allergy to Bactericidal Antibiotics
- Have Eye Retinopathy or optic neuritis or other eye disorder/surgery
- Have flu and cold symptoms
- Have gout or inflammation in joints
- Have any Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are pregnant or conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an allergy to the Ethambutol
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease/Heart Disease
- Have Gout or other joint problems
- Have Diabetic Retinopathy or optical neuritis or other eye disorder
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Mycobutol 600 mg contains an active ingredient, Ethambutol (200 mg), used in the treatment of Tuberculosis. Mycobutol 600 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Mycobutol 600 mg at a fixed time, with food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for children below 3 years.
How Much Of The Mycobutol 600 mg (Ethambutol) to Be Used?
Mycobutol 600 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Mycobutol 600 mg.
How To Take The Mycobutol 600 mg (Ethambutol)?
Mycobutol 600 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time regularly probably with food or as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Mycobutol 600 mg?
You are always advised to take Mycobutol 600 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended.
Always contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting the symptoms of an overdose. In case of emergency, seek nearby medical care.
You should try to take every dose of Mycobutol 600 mg at a fixed time regularly. A missed dose can be taken as soon as you remember but skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Mycobutol 600 mg (Ethambutol)?
- Pain and swelling of joints
- Loss of vision or blurred vision
- Color Blindness or Visual Impairment
- Burning or tingling sensation of hands and feet
- Skin rash
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and Vomiting
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Mycobutol 600 mg can interact with some medicines taken parallel to it. These interactions may produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always inform your doctor if you are on other Medication, Beverages or Herbal Supplements. It usually interacts with the following medicines:
- Cholera Vaccine
Warning And Precaution:
Mycobutol 600 mg is contraindicated in some conditions; hence it should be used cautiously in:
- Pediatric Use
- Vision Impairment
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Patients with liver and kidney Dysfunctioning
- Drug Resistance
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dose adjustment.
Things To Remember:
- You should go for regular eye checkups while taking Ethambutol
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
Mycobutol 600 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Mycobutol 600 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Be sure that the strips of the tablets should be intact and are not damaged.