Myleran 2 Mg Tablets
USA Brand Name
Myleran 2 Mg Tablet (Busulfan)
What Is The Generic Name For Myleran 2 Mg Tablet:
Busulfan is the generic version for Myleran 2 mg Tablet
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Myleran 2 Mg Tablet (Busulfan):
About Myleran 2 Mg Tablet (Busulfan)
Myleran 2 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Busulfan, which is used in the treatment of blood cancer (Chronic myeloid leukaemia). This medicine is used in combination with other cancer medicine during hematopoietic progenitor cell transplantation (HPCT). It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores & must be taken by doctor’s prescription only.
GSK Pharmaceuticals is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Myleran 2 mg Tablet. It can be purchased from our online pharmacy.
Myleran 2 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Busulfan, which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Myleran 2 Mg Tablet (Busulfan):
Myleran 2 mg Tablet is used in the treatment in following conditions:
- Chronic myeloid leukemia
- Polycythemia vera
- Prior bone marrow transplant
How Myleran 2 Mg Tablet (Busulfan) Works:
Myleran 2 mg Tablet has an active ingredient; Busulfan is an anti-cancer medication which works by damaging the genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells in blood. This stops the growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
Before You Use Myleran 2 Mg Tablet (Busulfan):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Busulfan
- You are not having any serious Disease
- Your doctor must know about your medical history (about your Surgeries, all diseases, pre- existing disease & Medications, Supplements, Food Habits, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Myleran 2 Mg Tablet (Busulfan):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Myleran 2 Mg Tablet (Busulfan):
You should not take Myleran 2 mg Tablet if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Bone marrow suppression
- Are receiving live vaccine while using Busulfan
- Have Liver/ Kidney disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the Tablet
- Have thalassemia (abnormal hemoglobin in blood)
- Have gout (arthritis due to impaired metabolism of uric acid)
- Have had radiotherapy
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have Liver/ Kidney disease
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Myleran 2 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Busulfan, which is used in the treatment of blood cancer (Chronic myeloid leukaemia). It is available in various strengths and substitutes & must be given on doctor’s prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can only be judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Myleran 2 mg Tablet at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take this medicine regularly by time for better results.
How Much Of The Myleran 2 Mg Tablet (Busulfan) to Be Used:
As Myleran 2 mg Tablet is available in various strengths and substitutes, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Myleran 2 mg Tablet. Do not take the Tablet on your own and for longer time than recommended by doctor.
How To Take The Myleran 2 Mg Tablet (Busulfan):
Take Myleran 2 mg Tablet in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow the medicine as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break the Tablet. Myleran 2 mg Tablet can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Myleran 2 Mg Tablet (Busulfan):
You are always advised to take Myleran 2 mg Tablet as prescribed. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take the Tablet in smaller or larger amount or for longer than prescribed by your doctor.
You must seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor immediately in case of any overdose symptoms. Symptoms like dizziness, confusion, increased heartbeat, tremor and sweating after taking the dose should be reported immediately. Emergency medical treatment will be initiated by the doctor if you are suspecting overdose symptoms.
The missed dosage of the medicine should be taken by you as soon as possible. It is suitable to skip the missed dosage of the medicine if it is already time for your next scheduled dosage. You must not take double dosage of the medicine to make up for the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Myleran 2 Mg Tablet (Busulfan):
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Decreased potassium level in blood
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Decreased blood cells (red cells, white cells, and platelets)
- Decreased magnesium level in blood
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
- Increased glucose level in blood
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Myleran 2 mg Tablet. This can produce some unwanted effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You must always tell your doctor if you are taking other medication or Supplements so that well planned medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
It can also interact with following disease condition:
- Liver/kidney impairment
Warning And Precaution:
Myleran 2 mg Tablet can worsen the conditions like:
- Liver/kidney disease
- Use of Busulfan can lower the ability of your blood to clot & body to fight infections
- You must always consult your doctor immediately to get best possible treatment when you are suffering from any of these conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- It is not recommended for use in children, adolescents & old age people
- You must always read the information accurately written on the leaflet of medicine
- You must always consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to dosage, time & strength of the medicine.
Myleran 2 mg Tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take this medicine for shorter or longer period than prescribed by the Doctor.
Store the Myleran 2 mg Tablet at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the Tablet should be intact and not damaged while storing.