Nootropil Tablet 1000 Mg
USA Brand Name
Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet (Piracetam)
What Is The Generic Name For Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet:
Piracetam is the generic version for Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet (Piracetam):
About Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet (Piracetam)
Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Piracetam, which is used in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, Stroke, Dementia in Parkinson's disease, Age-related memory loss, Head injury. With old age, there is a decline in mental & physical functions. Some older people fail to remember names, misplace things, which is a normal part of ageing. But, when this starts to affect the daily life of the person, it leads to “dementia.” Dementia is a type of condition in which there is a loss of memory, confusion, difficulty in problem-solving or judgment of a person. One of the most common reasons of dementia is Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer’s disease is a disease of the brain that gradually begins after the age of 60 years but worsens soon over a period. It leads to the death of a large number of nerve cells in the brain. In Alzheimer’s disease, there is a failure of functioning of nerve cells in the brain which is due to abnormal material (protein) accumulation in the brain that disturbs the communication between brain cells & leads to shrinkage and death of the brain cells. A stroke is a life-threatening medical emergency which can occur when there is a sudden deprivation of oxygen & nutrients to the brain cells when the blood supply to the brain is interrupted or greatly reduced. This medicine is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores & must be taken strictly by doctor’s prescription only.
Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd. is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet.
Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet contains an active constituent, Piracetam (1000 mg). It is obtainable in other substitutes also at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet (Piracetam):
Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet is used in the treatment in the following conditions:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Dementia in Parkinson's disease
- Age-related memory loss
- Head injury
- Cortical myoclonus
- Cognitive enhancer
- Other degenerative diseases of the brain
How Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet (Piracetam) Works:
Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet has an active ingredient; Piracetam which works by increasing the activity of a chemical messenger (acetylcholine) that improves communication between the nerve cells. It also protects the brain & nervous system against shortness of oxygen.
Before You Use Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet (Piracetam):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Piracetam
- You are not having any serious Disease
- Your doctor must be learned about your medicinal history like your pre-existing disease, surgeries & Medications, Supplements, Food Habits, lifestyle, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet (Piracetam):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet (Piracetam):
You should not take Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Have cerebral haemorrhage
- Have Huntington's disease
- Are feeling Drowsiness
- Have heart disease
- Have bleeding disorder
- Are pregnant
- Have infections
- Are breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the Tablet
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have Liver disease
- Have infections
Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Piracetam, which is used in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, Stroke, Dementia in Parkinson's disease, Age-related memory loss, Head injury. This medicine is available in different substitutes & strengths & has got to be purchased or given on doctor’s prescription only. You must consult your physician for adjustment of dosage & time of the medicine because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can only be best judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet (Piracetam) to Be Used:
As Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet is available in various strengths and substitutes, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet. You must not take the Tablet on your own & for a longer period than recommended by the doctor.
How To Take The Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet (Piracetam):
Take Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Take the Tablet as a whole. You are suggested not to chew, crush or break the Tablet. Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet is to be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet (Piracetam):
You are always advised to take Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet as prescribed. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You must strictly follow all the directions given by your doctor. You must not take the Tablet in larger or smaller quantity or for a longer period than suggested by your doctor.
You must seek medical emergency treatment and/ or contact your medical doctor instantly in case of any overdose symptoms. Emergency treatment will be initiated immediately by your medical doctor if they observe overdose symptoms.
The missed dosage of the Tablet should be administered as soon as possible. You must strictly skip the missed dosage if it is already time for your next planned dosage. It is advised not to double the dosage of the treatment to make up for the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet (Piracetam):
- Difficulty in breathing
- Bleeding and bruising
- Agitation and anxiety
- Weight gain
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Abnormality of voluntary movements
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet. These interactions may generate some needless or adverse effects and/or cause your drug not to work properly. You must always have a conversation with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements so that well-planned medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
It can also interact with the following disease condition:
- Kidney Disease
- Bleeding disorder
Warning And Precaution:
Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet can worsen the conditions like:
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- You must not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet is not recommended for use in elderly patients
- You must not drive or operate heavy machinery at the same time as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- You must monitor your body weight regularly as it can cause weight loss
- You must drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated
- You must regularly get your blood tests done to monitor your blood cells, liver and kidney function, and electrolyte levels during treatment with this medicine
- Always consult with your medical doctor straight away to get the best possible treatment if you are observing any of the above-mentioned conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet out of reach and sight of the children
- This medicine is strictly used with caution for the treatment of elder patients
- Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet is not recommended for use in pregnancy due to the increased risk of harmful effects on the unborn baby
- You must always check up the information in particular written on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- Always consult your medical doctor if you have any uncertainty in case of the dosage, time & strength of the medicine.
Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet should be taken as recommended by your doctor. Do not take this prescription for a longer period than suggested by the medical doctor.
Store the Nootropil 1000 Mg Tablet at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the Tablet is intact & not damaged while purchasing or storing.