Olmecip 20 Tablet
USA Brand Name
Olmesartan Medoximil (20Mg)
Olmecip 20 Tablet (Olmesartan Medoximil)
What Is The Generic Name For Olmecip 20 Tablet:
Olmesartan Medoximil is the generic version for Olmecip 20 Tablet
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Olmecip 20 Tablet (Olmesartan Medoximil):
About Olmecip 20 Tablet (Olmesartan Medoximil)
Olmecip 20 Tablet contains an active ingredient, Olmesartan Medoximil, which is used to treat high blood pressure & heart failure. Lowering of the blood pressure helps to prevent future heart attack & stroke. This medicine is also efficient in preserving kidney function in patients with diabetes. Hypertension is a situation in which the blood vessels have steadily raised pressure. Blood pressure is one of the very important signs of life, which is the force exerted by the blood besides the walls of the blood vessels. In hypertension, the blood exerts amplified pressure on the walls of the vessels. Therefore, it is also known as high blood pressure. Heart Failure is a situation in which the heart is unable to pump enough blood to meet the body's needs. This medicine is obtainable with all the leading primary pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores easily however this medicine must be taken strictly on doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla Ltd. is the primary pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Olmecip 20 Tablet.
Olmecip 20 Tablet contains an active constituent, Olmesartan Medoximil (20 mg). This medicine is obtainable in other substitutes with all the leading primary online pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores easily.
What Are The Uses Of The Olmecip 20 Tablet (Olmesartan Medoximil):
Olmecip 20 Tablet is used for the treatment in the following conditions:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Heart failure
- Prevention of heart attack and stroke
How Olmecip 20 Tablet (Olmesartan Medoximil) Works:
Olmecip 20 Tablet has an active ingredient; Olmesartan Medoximil which is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). This medicine relaxes blood vessel by blocking the action of a chemical which usually makes blood vessels tighter. This lowers the blood pressure that allows the blood to flow more smoothly to different organs & the heart to pump more efficiently.
Before You Use Olmecip 20 Tablet (Olmesartan Medoximil):
Make certain that:
- You are not having some severe Disease
- You are not sensitive to Olmesartan Medoximil
- Your doctor have to be up to date regarding your medical history like your pre-existing disease, Medications& surgeries, lifestyle, Supplements, Food Habits, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Olmecip 20 Tablet (Olmesartan Medoximil):
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid smoking
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Olmecip 20 Tablet (Olmesartan Medoximil):
You should not take Olmecip 20 Tablet if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Have Hypotension
- Have Hyperkalemia
- Are pregnant
- Have infections
- Are breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an Allergy to the Tablet
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have Liver/ Kidney disease
- Have infections
Olmecip 20 Tablet contains an active ingredient, Olmesartan Medoximil that is used to treat high blood pressure & heart failure. This medicine is easily obtainable in diverse substitutes & strength easily. This medicine has to be purchased or taken on doctor’s recommendation only. The patient must discuss about with the medical doctor for alteration of dosage & time of the medicine knowing the fact that severity of the disease vary from person to person. This adjustment can only be judged finest by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Olmecip 20 Tablet at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your medical doctor. You must take Olmecip 20 Tablet regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Olmecip 20 Tablet (Olmesartan Medoximil) to Be Used:
Olmecip 20 Tablet is easily available in various strengths and substitutes. Patients are constantly suggested to follow doctor’s prescriptions & instructions to take Olmecip 20 Tablet. You must not receive this Tablet on your own and for a longer period as recommended by the doctor.
How To Take The Olmecip 20 Tablet (Olmesartan Medoximil):
Take Olmecip 20 Tablet in the dose & duration as suggested by your medical doctor. You have to swallow the medicine as a whole & not chew, crush, or break the Tablet. Olmecip 20 Tablet must be taken with or without food; however it is always better to take this medicine at a set time. You must avoid consumption of high fatty food
For How Long Should You Continue Using Olmecip 20 Tablet (Olmesartan Medoximil):
You are always advised to take Olmecip 20 Tablet as prescribed. You should not start or stop using this medication all of a sudden on your own. You have to follow all the process given by your doctor, scrupulously. You must not receive the Tablet in a larger or smaller measure or for an extended phase than suggested by your doctor.
You must look out for medical emergency treatment and/ or get in touch with your medical doctor instantaneously in situation of any overdose symptoms. The urgent treatment will be initiated without delay by your medical doctor if they detect any overdose symptoms in you.
The missed dose of the Tablet ought to be taken as fast as viable. You must firmly skip the missed dose if it is the time for your next intended dosage by now. It is firmly suggested not to double the dosage of the treatment to make up for the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Olmecip 20 Tablet (Olmesartan Medoximil):
- Body pain
- Nasal congestion
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Blood in urine
- Joint pain
- Swelling of feet or lower legs
- Bladder pain
- Dry mouth
- Increased urination
- Acid or sour stomach
- Skin rash
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Numerous medicines have been reported to interact with Olmecip 20 Tablet. These interactions may generate some needless or unfavorable effects or it may possibly cause your drug not to function properly. You should frequently have a discussion with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements accordingly well proposed medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
This drug can also interact with the following mentioned disease condition:
- Congestive heart failure
Warning And Precaution:
Olmecip 20 Tablet can worsen the conditions like:
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- Use of this drug is not recommended by elderly patients and children under 18 years of age
- You have to repeatedly get your blood tests done to check your liver & kidney function, blood cells, electrolyte levels & hemoglobin levels, throughout treatment with this medicine
- You have to get your hormone levels checked regularly & must inform your doctor if you notice a significant change in your body weight
- You must get regular tests done to monitor the level of urea, creatinine, and potassium in the blood
- You must check your blood pressure & potassium levels in your blood at regular intervals while you are taking this medicine
- Intake of this medicine may increase the level of potassium in blood, so avoid taking potassium supplements & potassium-rich foods such as banana fruit juice, coconut water, and broccoli
- You must make some changes in your lifestyle which will help lower your blood pressure. These may include regular exercise, smoking cessation, losing weight, reducing alcohol intake, & reducing the amount of salt in your diet as advised by your doctor
- You should not drive or manage heavy machines alongside as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- You be supposed not to take this drug if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or are breastfeeding
- You must always discuss about with your medical doctor to obtain the first-rated treatment if you are observing a number of the above mentioned conditions/ symptoms.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Olmecip 20 Tablet out of reach & view of the children
- This drug is strictly used with care for treatment of elderly patients and children
- Olmecip 20 Tablet is not suggested for use by pregnant women owing to the augmented risk of injurious effects on the unborn child
- You have to always check up the information in particularly printed on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- You must constantly discuss about with your medical doctor if you have any uncertainty in terms of the dosage, strength & time of the drug.
Olmecip 20 Tablet should be used as recommended by your doctor. You must not take this drug for a longer period than recommended by the medical doctor.
Store the Olmecip 20 Tablet at room temperature in dark & dry location. Make sure that the Tablet is intact & not broken while purchasing or storing.