Olvance 40 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Olvance 40 Mg (Olmesartan)
What Is The Generic Name For Olvance 40 Mg?
Olmesartan is the generic version for Olvance 40 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Olvance 40 Mg (Olmesartan)?
About Olvance 40 Mg (Olmesartan)
Olvance 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Olmesartan which is used in the treatment of Hypertension and Heart Failure. It is widely available at all the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Olvance 40 mg.
Olvance 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Olmesartan, 20 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Olvance 40 Mg (Olmesartan)?
Olvance 40 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack and Stroke
How Olvance 40 Mg (Olmesartan) Works?
Olvance 40 mg has an active ingredient, Olmesartan, an angiotensin receptor blocker. It basically relaxes the blood vessels which lower the blood pressure and also reduces the workload of the heart
Before You Use Olvance 40 Mg (Olmesartan):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Olmesartan
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre- existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Olvance 40 Mg (Olmesartan)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Potassium Rich Diet or supplements like Banana and Broccoli
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Olvance 40 Mg (Olmesartan)?
You should avoid Olvance 40 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have Swelling of Lips, Throat, and Tongue which may affect Breathing
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Have any other serious condition which can be worsen by intake of Olmesartan
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any Heart Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies.
Olvance 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Olmesartan, which is used in the treatment of Hypertension and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Olvance 40 mg is well tolerated medicine and provides relief for a longer time but you should always consult your doctor for duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Olvance 40 mg at a fixed time with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. To avoid Hypotension it is better to take the medicine at bedtime.
How Much Of The Olvance 40 Mg (Olmesartan) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Olvance 40 mg. It is advisable to not to take Potassium Rich Diet or Supplements while taking this medicine.
How To Take The Olvance 40 Mg (Olmesartan)?
Olvance 40 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Olvance 40 Mg (Olmesartan)?
You are always advised to take Olvance 40 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Olvance 40 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Olvance 40 Mg (Olmesartan)?
- Body Pain
- Nasal Congestion
- Unusual Tiredness and Weakness
- Blood in Urine
- Joint Pain
- Swelling of Feet or Lower Legs
- Bladder Pain
- Dry Mouth
- Increased Urination
- Acid or Sour Stomach
- Skin Rash
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Olvance 40 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal and mineral Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
Congestive Heart Failure
Warning And Precaution:
Olvance 40 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- It is not recommended for Breastfeeding Mothers as it can cause fatal injury or death to the baby.
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep monitoring your Kidney function
- Always plan a Healthy Diet and Exercise routine
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods like Banana and Broccoli.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Olvance 40 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Olvance 40 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.