Pantop 20 Mg Tablet
USA Brand Name
Aristo Pharmaceuticals, India
Pantop 20 Mg Tablet (Pantoprazole)
What Is The Generic Name For Pantop 20 Mg Tablet:
Pantoprazole is the generic version for Pantop 20 mg Tablet
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Pantop 20 mg Tablet (Pantoprazole):
About Pantop 20 Mg Tablet (Pantoprazole)
Pantop 20 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Pantoprazole, which is used in the treatment of acidity, peptic ulcer disease and gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux) and is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and must be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Aristo Pharmaceuticals, India is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Pantop 20 mg Tablet.
Pantop 20 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Pantoprazole, which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Pantop 20 Mg Tablet (Pantoprazole):
Pantop 20 mg Tablet is used in the treatment in following conditions:
- Erosive Esophagitis
- Gastroesophagal Reflux Disease
- Helicobacter pylori Infection
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Gastro-duodenal ulcers
How Pantop 20 Mg Tablet (Pantoprazole) Works:
Pantop 20 mg Tablet has an active ingredient; Pantoprazole, a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) which works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in relief of acid related indigestion and heartburn.
Before You Use Pantop 20 Mg Tablet (Pantoprazole):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Pantoprazole
- You are not having any serious Disease
- Your doctor must know about your medical history (about your Surgeries, all diseases, pre- existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Pantop 20 Mg Tablet (Pantoprazole):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Pantop 20 Mg Tablet (Pantoprazole):
You should not take Pantop 20 mg Tablet if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have Osteoporosis
- Have Hypomagnesemia
- Have Liver disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have Liver disease
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Pantop 20 mg Tablet contains an active ingredient, Pantoprazole, which is used in the treatment of acidity, peptic ulcer disease and gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux). It is available in various strengths and substitutes and must be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can only be judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Pantop 20 mg Tablet at a fixed time with or without the food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take it regularly by time for better effects.
How Much Of The Pantop 20 Mg Tablet (Pantoprazole) to Be Used:
As Pantop 20 mg Tablet is available in various strengths and substitutes, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Pantop 20 mg Tablet. Do not take the Tablet on your own and for longer time than prescribed by doctor.
How To Take The Pantop 20 mg Tablet (Pantoprazole):
Take Pantop 20 mg Tablet in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow the medicine as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break the tablet. Pantop 20 mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Pantop 20 Mg Tablet (Pantoprazole):
You are always advised to take Pantop 20 mg Tablet as prescribed. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take the Tablet in smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended by your doctor.
Seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor in case of any overdose symptoms. Emergency medical treatment will be initiated by the doctor if any overdose symptoms is suspected.
The missed dosage should be taken as soon as possible. It is advisable to skip the missed dosage if it is already time for your next scheduled dosage. Do not take double dosage to make up for the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Pantop 20 Mg Tablet (Pantoprazole):
- Altered sense of taste
- Runny Nose and Cough
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Skin Rash
- Tablet site Thrombophlebitis
- Stomach pain
- Joint pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Pantop 20 mg Tablet. It can produce some undesirable effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication or Supplements so that well planned medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Magnesium Hydroxide
There are disease interactions with Pantoprazole which include:
- Liver Disease
- Bone Fractures
- Vitamin B-12 Deficiency
- It may also interact with following Lab tests
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Warning And Precaution:
Pantop 20 mg Tablet can worsen the conditions like:
- Somnolence and Fatigue
- Liver Diseases
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment when you are suffering from any of these conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- You must always read the information thoroughly written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Long-term use of this medicine can cause weak bones and deficiency of minerals such as magnesium, so you must take adequate dietary intake of calcium and magnesium or their supplements
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to dosage, time and strength of the medicine.
Pantop 20 mg Tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take this Tablet for shorter or longer time than recommended by the Doctor.
Store the Pantop 20 mg Tablet at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the Tablet should be intact and is not damaged while storing.