Penegra 100 Mg
|US Brand Name||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Generic Name||Sildenafil Citrate|
|Manufacture||Zydus Healthcare, India|
About the brand
Penegra 100 is marketed globally by Zydus Healthcare laboratories.
About the drug
Active ingredient in Penegra 100 is Sildenafil citrate.
Sildenafil citrate is used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction (inadequate penile erection during sexual activity), pulmonary hypertension (high pressure in blood vessels of lungs), benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate).
Manufacturer of Penegra 100
Penegra 100 having 100 mg of Sildenafil citrate is manufactured by Zydus Healthcare laboratories. It is mainly marketed and supplied by the company and its associates in India.
Penegra 100 having 100 mg of Sildenafil citrate.
US Brands Equivalent to Sildenafil citrate the salt in Penegra 100
Viagra is the US brand equivalent to Penegra 100
Use of Sildenafil citrate the salt in Penegra 100
a. It is used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED).
b. In men, it is used to treat the signs of an enlarged prostate.
c. It is used to treat raised pressure in the lungs.
d. It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
Erectile dysfunction: It is a medical condition, in which, proper erection of penis is a problem. Men are not able to erect their penis even during sexual stimulation. This leads to impotency. Penegra 100 helps in relaxing the veins and arteries in penis leading to perfect erection before sexual activity and thus increase the satisfaction level during sexual intercourse
Pulmonary arterial Hypertension: It is a condition in which there is a raised pressure in your lungs. Penegra 100 relaxes blood vessels in the lungs leads to lowering of blood pressure.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia: It is a condition in which your prostate gland is enlarged. Penegra 100 will improve the blood flow to the prostate and relax the muscles in prostate and bladder and thus help in relieving urinary symptoms.
How Penegra 100 works?
Penegra 100 having Sildenafil citrate works by inhibiting the phosphodiesterase type 5 in the body. Thus it stops the degradation of cGMP( Cyclic guanosine monophosphate). Availability of cGMP helps relax the veins in penis and thus helps in erection when there is a need for sexual activity or sexual stimulation.
Inhibition of phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5) in smooth muscle of pulmonary blood vessels result in its relaxation of and it helps to reduce the pressure in your lungs.
How to take Penegra 100?
Penegra 100 having salt Sildenafil citrate shall be taken before 1 hour of sexual intercourse with a glass of water. More information will be directed by your doctor. Hence consult your doctor before having Penegra 100.
Sildenafil citrate the active salt in Penegra100 is to be taken usually in dosage which ranges from 25 mg to 100 mg. More specific dose will be directed by your doctor. Hence, do not take Penegra 100 without consulting with your doctor.
How long Penegra 100 should be continued?
Penegra 100 having Sildenafil citrate is need to basis medicine. Consult your doctor regarding the intake and stoppage of the drug. Do not take decision on your own. Consult doctor for each possible step.
Dose of Penegra 100 missed
The possible chances of missing the dose of the drug is minimal, however, consult your doctor regarding the same. The drug is mainly taken before the actual sexual intercourse; hence missing the dose is rare.
Drug interaction with Sildenafil citrate the salt in Penegra 100
• Nitrates (Isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, nitroglycerin) generally react with Sildenafil citrate, the salt present in Penegra 100.
Tell your doctor
• If you are taking any of these drugs: Itraconazole or ketoconazole, riociguat, or ritonavir, rifampin.
• If you are taking another brand that has the same active ingredient (sildenafil citrate)
• If you are taking another drug in the same class as of sildenafil citrate (eg: tadalafil)
• If you are taking any of these drugs-alfuzosin, doxazosin, silodosin, tamsulosin, terazosin
When not to take Penegra 100
Do not take Penegra 100 if you have allergic reactions with the salt or excipients.
Adverse Effects / Side effects of Penegra 100
• Some patients may have allergic reactions. Inform your doctor if you have any signs of allergic reaction like rash, itching, red-swollen skin, fever, trouble breathing, swollen face etc.
• Chest pain or pressure
• A fast heartbeat or a heartbeat that does not feel normal.
• Dizziness or passing out.
• Severe headache.
• Weakness on one side of the body, trouble speaking or thinking, loss of balance, drooping on one side of the face, or blurred eyesight.
• Change in eyesight.
• Loss of eyesight.
• Hearing loss or change in hearing
• Ringing in ears.
• Very bad muscle pain, back pain, soreness, or weakness.
• If you have a painful erection (hard penis) or an erection that lasts for longer than 4 hours, then call your doctor immediately. It should be treated properly otherwise it may cause lasting sex problems.
Overdose Effects of Sildenafil citrate the salt in Penegra 100
Possible effects of overdosage depend upon person to person. However, the effects include painful and prolonged erection. Also, it can result in dizziness and discomfort. Consult your doctor immediately if you are having any of these effects.
General information and precautions
Tell your doctor;
• If you have an allergy to sildenafil citrate or excipients in the formulation.
• If you are allergic to drugs like sildenafil citrate (eg: tadalafil) or to any other drugs or foods.( Inform your doctor if you have any signs of allergic reaction like rash, itching, red-swollen skin, fever, trouble breathing, swollen face etc.)
• If you have kidney disease or liver disease.
• If you had a heart attack within the last 90 days.
• If you have chest pain during sex, heart failure, an abnormal heartbeat, high or low blood pressure, or a stroke within the last 6 months.
• Older people (65 or older) may have more side effects. So use this drug with care.
• If you are, use this drug with care. You could have more side effects.