Persol Gel 2.5% (20 gm)
USA Brand Name
Persol Gel 2.5% w/w 20 Gm (Benzoyl Peroxide)
What Is The Generic Name Of Persol Gel 2.5% w/w:
Benzoyl Peroxide is the generic version of Persol Gel 2.5% w/w
USA Brands Equivalent To Persol Gel 2.5% w/w (Benzoyl Peroxide):
About Persol Gel 2.5% w/w (Benzoyl Peroxide):
Persol Gel 2.5% w/w contains Benzoyl Peroxide as an active ingredient which is used in the treatment of Acne Vulgaris in the age of 12 or above. You can find it at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Manufacturer Of Persol Gel 2.5% w/w (Benzoyl Peroxide):
Wallace (India) is one of the top leading Pharmaceutical Company which manufactures Persol Gel 2.5% w/w.
Strength Persol Gel 2.5% w/w (Benzoyl Peroxide):
Persol Gel 2.5% w/w contains an active ingredient, Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% w/w in a 20 gm tube. It should be noted that this medicine may be available in various strengths.
Persol Gel 2.5% w/w (Benzoyl Peroxide) Is Used For The Treatment Of:
It is used in the treatment of:
- Acne Vulgaris
How Persol Gel 2.5% w/w (Benzoyl Peroxide) Works:
Persol Gel 2.5% w/w contains an active ingredient, Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5% w/w), which is a keratolytic agent basically kills the acne-causing bacteria thereby preventing the infection. This keratolytic agent also has peeling and drying properties.
Before You Use Persol Gel 2.5% w/w (Benzoyl Peroxide):
You should be sure that:
- You are not allergic to it
- It is not affecting the mother and baby during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- It is not interacting with the medicines you are taking with it
When Not To Use Persol Gel 2.5% w/w (Benzoyl Peroxide):
You should avoid using the Cream if you:
- Are Allergic/Hypersensitive to it
- Are going outside in sunlight as it causes Sunburn
- Are taking some medicines or supplements which raise the chances of Allergy
- Are pregnant/conceiving/Breastfeeding and it is affecting your condition
- If your skin is accidentally injured, has cuts and scrapes.
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide
- Are taking any other medicines for any Disease or Disorder
- Are using some Skin Products, Herbal Products, and OTC drugs
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive or breastfeeding as it may harm the unborn or newly born baby
- Accidentally swallowed it
- Have Skin injuries, bruises, chopped and dry skin, and have open wounds
- Have any Pre-existing Skin Disease, or any Surgery
Persol Gel 2.5% w/w (Benzoyl Peroxide) is available in various strengths at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore, and medical supply store. It should be used as directed by your doctor. It is not recommended for the children and caution should be taken in pregnant women.
You should apply the required amount of Cream only as the excessive Cream will not increase the healing process but the piling of the Cream.
How Much Of Persol Gel 2.5% w/w (Benzoyl Peroxide) Should Be Applied:
Recommended Dosage: Take pea size Cream on your fingertip and apply a thin layer of the Cream to the affected area once/twice a day as suggested by your doctor.
How To Apply Persol Gel 2.5% w/w (Benzoyl Peroxide):
Here are the basic and easy steps to use the Cream:
- You should wash and dry your hands and the affected area properly prior to the Cream application
- Wait for few minutes until dry
- Take a pea size Cream on your fingertip and apply it by rubbing gently over the affected area (avoid applying near eyes, mouth, nose and inner ear).
- Keep it on the affected area so that it can be absorbed better
- Clean your hands carefully after applying unless your hands are the affected area.
For How Long Should You Continue Applying Persol Gel 2.5% w/w (Benzoyl Peroxide):
You should use this Cream for as long as directed by your physician. Moreover, its effects usually become noticeable (about after 2-3 days to weeks) after its use.
Overdose Of Persol Gel 2.5% w/w (Benzoyl Peroxide):
Excessive Cream application results only in piling of Cream and drying of the skin. It shows its effect on time and applying too much of it will not accelerate the process.
Missed Dose Of Persol Gel 2.5% w/w (Benzoyl Peroxide):
A missed dose should be applied as soon as you remember it. Skip the missed dose and go back to your regular routine if it is almost time for the next dose. Do not apply multiple doses at the same time.
Side Effects Of Persol Gel 2.5% w/w (Benzoyl Peroxide):
The side effects of Persol Gel 2.5% w/w include:
- Swelling of Face
- Skin Rashes
- Dry Skin
- Skin Irritation
- Burning Sensation/Skin Burn
- Redness of the Skin
Drugs Interact With Persol Gel 2.5% w/w (Benzoyl Peroxide):
Using other drugs, herbal supplements, over the counter drugs, or any substances may alter the medicinal effects of Persol Gel 2.5% w/w. It may cause either allergic reactions or a serious adverse effect and may nullify the effect of your Cream. Few medicines having interaction with it are:
- Tretinoin/ Isotretinoin
- Other Skin Cosmetics and Topical Herbal Products may react with the Cream if applied simultaneously but for the detailed knowledge and instructions always take your doctor’s advice.
- You must inform the doctor about all the medicines you are already taking.
Persol Gel 2.5% w/w should not be used in
- Hypersensitivity/Allergic Reaction
- Sunburnt Skin
- Skin Peeling
- Cuts and wounds
- It should be applied to External area of the body
Warning And Precautions:
- Always cover your Skin or affected area when you are going outside as this Cream enhances the chances of sunburn. Avoid exposure to sunlight.
- You should not apply the cream to itchy or irritating skin to prevent any severe allergic reaction
- If skin irritation or allergy persists after using this Cream then stop using it and consult your doctor
- Avoid direct contact with your eyes, mouth, nose or other sensitive areas.
- Avoid its contact with your hair and fabrics as it may bleach the hair and fabrics.
- Avoid simultaneous application of two products/creams together to prevent an allergic reaction
Things To Remember:
- It is normal for your skin condition to worsen for the first 2 to 3 weeks of treatment, do not stop using Benzoyl Peroxide but contact your doctor if you are worried.
- Always keep the Cream in proper conditions and out of the reach of children.
- Read the insert of the tube thoroughly.
- Always tell your doctor about your medical history and follow the instructions as directed by the doctor.
How To Store Persol Gel 2.5% w/w (Benzoyl Peroxide):
Keep the tube in a dry, dark and clean place. Avoid refrigeration