Pilocar Eye drop 5 ml
USA Brand Name
Pilocar Eye Drops 2% w/v 5 ml (Pilocarpine Nitrate)
What Is The Generic Name For Pilocar?
Pilocarpine Nitrate is the generic version for Pilocar
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Pilocar Eye Drops 5 ml (Pilocarpine Nitrate)?
About Pilocar Eye Drops 5ml (Pilocarpine Nitrate):
Pilocar Eye Drops 5 ml contains an active ingredient; Pilocarpine Nitrate is used in the treatment of Glaucoma. You may take it from all the leading pharmacy Stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores but can be given on doctor’s prescription only.
- Eye Drops
FDC (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Pilocar Eye Drops.
Pilocar Eye Drops contains an active ingredient, Pilocarpine Nitrate 2% w/v in a 5 ml vial which may be available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Pilocar Eye Drops 5 ml (Pilocarpine Nitrate)?
Pilocarpine Nitrate is used in the treatment of:
Post Operative Pain and Inflammation
How Pilocar Eye Drops 5 ml (Pilocarpine Nitrate) Works?
Pilocar Eye Drops contains Pilocarpine Nitrate which basically decreases the pressure in the eye by increasing the drainage of aqueous humor (clear watery fluid filling the space in front of the eyeball)
Before You Use Pilocar Eye Drops 5 ml (Pilocarpine Nitrate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Pilocarpine Nitrate
- You are not using contact lenses
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Pilocar Eye Drops 5 ml (Pilocarpine Nitrate)?
You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Pilocar Eye Drops 5 ml (Pilocarpine Nitrate)?
You should avoid Pilocarpine Nitrate if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have increased pressure inside the eyes, redness, swelling, itching or inflammation in eyes
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have any Inflammation or any pressure problem inside the eye.
- Have redness, swelling, itching as a side effect which may get worse by time
- Have gone through an Eye Surgery
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Pilocar Eye Drops 5 ml contains an active ingredient, Pilocarpine Nitrate, which is used in the treatment of Glaucoma and should be given on prescription. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dose as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Patients are advised to take Pilocar Eye Drops 5 ml at a fixed time, preferably in morning and evening time or prescribed by your doctor. Do not use all eye drops at the same time. Use every eye drops at 5 min intervals.
How Much Of The Pilocar Eye Drops 5 ml (Pilocarpine Nitrate) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Pilocarpine Nitrate. It is better to take one drop each eye at one time.
How To Take The Pilocar Eye Drops 5 ml (Pilocarpine Nitrate)?
Pilocar Eye Drops is taken by holding the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Then, gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid/ear. Wipe off the extra Liquid with a Clean/ Tissue.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Pilocar Eye Drops 5 ml (Pilocarpine Nitrate)?
You are always advised to use the Ophthalmic Solution as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended but you are always advised to complete the course of treatment.
Rinse your eyes thoroughly in case of any irritation or severe symptom of inflammation and contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting its Overdose.
A missed dose of the Ophthalmic Solution should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose you missed if it is the time for the next dose but do not use it multiple times next time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Pilocar Eye Drops 5 ml (Pilocarpine Nitrate)?
- Eye itching
- Visual Impairment
- Conjunctivital Disorders
- Blurred Vision
- Pilocarpine Nitrate in other dosage forms can cause more side effects not listed here.
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines may interact with Pilocar Eye Drops which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements or other Eye Drops so that a well planned medication can be followed.
Warning and Precaution:
Pilocar Eye Drops 5 ml should be used very cautiously in:
- Blurred Vision
- Eye Surgeries
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Other Eye disorders
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment for the better effects.
Things To Remember:
- Do not touch Ophthalmic Solution tip while using it and use it within 4 weeks of opening it
- Clean your hands before using the Ophthalmic Solution
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop earlier /take it for longer than recommended by your physician.
Store it at room temperature in clean and dry place. Do not freeze it.