Pravachol 40 Mg
USA Brand Name
Deva Pharma, Turkey
Pravachol 40 Mg (Pravastatin Sodium)
What Is The Generic Name For Pravachol:
Pravastatin Sodium is the generic version for Pravachol
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Pravachol 40 mg (Pravastatin Sodium):
About Pravachol 40 Mg (Pravastatin Sodium):
Pravachol 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Pravastatin Sodium, a medicine which is used for lowering the increased cholesterol and triglycerides. It thus minimizes the risks of heart attack, stroke or other heart problems. You may buy this lipid lowering prescription only drug from any of the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores.
Deva Pharma (Turkey) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Pravachol 40 mg.
Pravachol 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Pravastatin Sodium, 40 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Pravachol 40 Mg (Pravastatin Sodium):
Pravachol 40 mg is used in:
- Hyperlipidemia (Increased Lipids or tryglycerides)
- Type III Hyperlipoproteinemia
- Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases
- Prevention of Heart Stroke
How Pravachol 40 Mg (Pravastatin Sodium) Works:
Pravachol 40 mg has an active ingredient, Pravastatin Sodium, a statin. It basically works by blocking an enzyme, HMG-CoA-reductase which is required in the body to make cholesterol. It thus lowers bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides and raises good cholesterol (HDL).
Before You Use Pravachol 40 Mg (Pravastatin Sodium):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Pravastatin Sodium
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Pravachol 40 Mg (Pravastatin Sodium):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid taking high fat meals
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Pravachol 40 Mg (Pravastatin Sodium):
You should avoid Pravachol 40 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have muscle weakness/cramps, muscle pain, tiredness or dark colored urine while taking Pravastatin
- Have Jaundice and Fever
- Have thyroid problems
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Diabetes as it may raise Blood Sugar Levels
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Pravachol 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Pravastatin Sodium, used in the treatment of increased cholesterol, increased triglycerides and increased LDL levels. Pravachol 40 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Pravachol 40 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is a safe drug and used in reducing the amount of cholesterol in patients between 10 to 18 years of age suffering from hypercholesterolemia (a genetic disorder). It should be avoided in children below 8 years.
How Much Of The Pravachol 40 Mg (Pravastatin Sodium) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Pravachol 40 mg.
How To Take The Pravachol 40 Mg (Pravastatin Sodium):
Pravachol 40 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with food to avoid stomach upset to prevent Diarrhea or gas problem. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It is better to take it in evening.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Pravachol 40 Mg (Pravastatin Sodium)
You are always advised to take Pravachol 40 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor or reach nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like Diarrhea, weakness, etc.
Do not give your medicine to anyone other than you. Always keep remember the dose and timings for the medicine administration.
A missed dose of Pravachol 40 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Pravachol 40 Mg (Pravastatin Sodium)
- Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) Pain
- Allergic reaction
- Increased Liver Enzymes
- Increased Creatine PhosPhoKinase (CPK) level in blood
- Dark Urine
- Increased glucose level in blood
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Pravachol 40 mg may interact with other drugs you are taking. These interactions can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Liver disease
Warning And Precaution:
Pravachol 40 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Myopathy and Rhabdomyolysis
- Alcohol consumption
- Cognitive Impairment
- Pediatric Population or children below 8 years
- It should be used cautiously Pregnant/Breastfeeding women as it may cause birth defects or can be fatal to your newly born baby
- Consult your doctor for best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- You should follow a regular exercise and low fat diet schedule for better effects of the medicine.
- Keep monitoring your Liver/Kidney enzyme function and also Blood Glucose Levels
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt in case of dose, time, and strength of the Tablets
Do not stop taking Pravachol 40 mg on your own or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician. Always take pre-decided dosage and follow your doctor’s instructions.
Store the Pravachol 40 mg at room temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure the package of the tablets should not be damaged or opened before purchasing.