Proluton Depot 500 Mg
USA Brand Name
Zydus Cadila, India
Proluton Depot 500 Mg (1 Ml) (Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate)
What Is The Generic Name For Proluton Depot:
Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate is the generic version for Proluton Depot
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Proluton Depot 500 mg (Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate):
- Proluton Depot
About Proluton Depot 500 mg (Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate):
Proluton Depot 500 mg is in injection form which contains Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate, used in miscarriage and preterm labor. This injection must be administered by a doctor or a nurse but you can buy it from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores only on doctor’s prescription.
One of the leading companies, Zydus Cadila (India) is manufacturing Proluton Depot 500 mg.
Proluton depot contains Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate 500 mg per 1 ml of injection in a vial. Proluton depot may be available in other substitutes with various strengths at any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Proluton Depot 500 mg (Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate):
Proluton Depot 500 mg is used in:
- Premature labor
- Menstrual abnormalities
How Proluton Depot 500 mg (Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate) Works:
Proluton Depot 500 mg contains Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate, a synthetic progestin similar to a female hormone. It basically modulates the immune response of the mother t prevent rejection of the embryo and allows its attachment to the uterus which prevents miscarriage and lowers the risk of preterm labor or premature birth in women who have had one premature delivery in the past.
Before You Use Proluton Depot 500 mg (Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to its contents
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing diseases, Surgeries, Medications, Supplements, food habits, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Proluton Depot 500 mg (Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid driving or doing any physical activity that involve your alertness
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Proluton Depot 500 mg (Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate):
You should avoid Proluton Depot 500 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Cancers of breast, ovary, and uterus
- Are having polycystic ovary diseases or Primary ovarian failure
- Have unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Have severe gastrointestinal/Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Hypersensitive to it
- Are having any liver/ Kidney disease
- Have notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, chest pain, or changes in vision.
- Are at a risk of developing medical complications because of multiple pregnancies/deliveries
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Proluton Depot 500 mg (Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate) is also available in various substitutes and must be administered by a doctor or a nurse only. Always consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage of the injection as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Proluton Depot 500 mg at a fixed time and must be injected by a doctor or a nurse. Do not self administer the drug. It is not recommended for the infants and children, pregnant and breastfeeding women, and males.
How Much Of The Proluton Depot 500 mg (Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Proluton depot. The dose which is to given is depending upon the severity of the infection.
How To Take The Proluton Depot 500 mg (Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate):
Proluton Depot 500 mg should be administered by a doctor or a nurse. Do not self administer the injection. Be careful during dosage administration.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Proluton Depot 500 mg (Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate)
You are always advised to take Proluton Depot 500 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Patients are not advised to take it for a longer time than recommended but they should complete the course.
Contact your doctor or visit nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like chest pain, anxiety, nausea, breast pain, etc.
Do not give your medicine to other family members or people near you even if they have similar symptoms. Taking medicine without prescription or instructions of any doctor or physician may cause severe effects or toxicity.
A missed dose of Proluton Depot 500 mg should be taken as soon as you remember that too after consulting with your doctor. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Proluton Depot 500 mg (Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate)
- Skin rash
- Increased appetite
- Inflammation or lumps at injection site
- Sudden chest pain
- Swelling and redness in face and neck
- Gastrointestinal discomfort
- Vaginal Bleeding
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Proluton depot may interact with other medicines you are already taking, which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Hence, always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines: ,
- Breast cancer
- Liver Disease
- Retinal Thrombosis
Lab Test Interaction:
- Thyroid Function Test
Warning And Precaution:
Proluton Depot 500 mg should be used very cautiously in patients having:
- Hypersensitivity or Allergy
- Fluid retention
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Breast or uterine cancer
- Heart problems or High blood pressure
- Vision abnormalities
- Blood clotting disorders
- Weight gain
- Initiation of therapy
- It is not recommended in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Consult your doctor for dosage adjustment and effective treatment if you have above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- This medicine can be taken in combination with progesterone
- Monitor your liver function test and examine your breast regularly for any lumps during this therapy.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Injection
Do not take Proluton depot on your own until you are a registered medical practitioner or you know how to administer it.
Store the injection at cool temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure that the injection is not damaged or leaked.