Ramace 10 Mg
USA Brand Name
Astra Zeneca, India
Ramace 10 Mg (Ramipril)
What Is The Generic Name For Ramace:
Ramipril is the generic version for Ramace
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Ramace 10 mg (Ramipril):
About Ramace 10 Mg (Ramipril):
Ramace 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Ramipril which is used for the treatment of High Blood Pressure, Heart Failure and other Heart conditions. You may buy this prescription based drug from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores.
Astra Zeneca (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Ramace 10 mg.
Ramace 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Ramipril, 10 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Ramace 10 Mg (Ramipril):
Ramace 10 mg is used in:
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Heart Failure
- Reduces the risk of Heart Attack
How Ramace 10 Mg (Ramipril) Works:
Ramipril, an Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) inhibitor which basically reduces the stress on the heart and relaxes blood vessel so that blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
Before You Use Ramace 10 Mg (Ramipril):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Ramipril
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Ramace 10 Mg (Ramipril):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Driving or heavy machine works or risky physical activities
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Ramace 10 Mg (Ramipril):
You should avoid Ramace 10 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have gone through any Surgical Procedure
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Have any other serious condition which can be worsen by intake of Ramipril
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Have swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing while taking Ramipril
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have a Persistent Cough
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Ramace 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Ramipril, which is used in the prevention of clotting of blood in Blood Vessels hence preventing Heart Attack and other conditions. Ramipril may be available in various strengths and substitutes with various dosage forms like tablet, injection, capsules and should be given on prescription only. Always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Ramace 10 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for use in children or adolescents less than 18 years of age.
How Much Of The Ramace 10 Mg (Ramipril) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Ramace 10 mg. Dose administration is dependent on the condition of the patient.
How To Take The Ramace 10 Mg (Ramipril):
Ramace 10 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It is better to take it with or without food. You must avoid Potassium and Potassium rich foods like Banana and Broccoli.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Ramace 10 Mg (Ramipril)
You are always advised to take Ramace 10 mg as instructed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended. Taking the tablet for longer than prescribed period may lead to toxic effects in the patient.
Contact your doctor or reach nearby medical emergency center immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like fatigue, renal impairment, blurred vision, diarrhea, change in blood pressure, etc.
Do not share or give your medicine with anyone even if somebody is having similar symptoms. Wrong medication and dosage may lead to adverse effects or toxicity which may be fatal.
A missed dose of Ramace 10 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Ramace 10 Mg (Ramipril)
- Blurred vision
- Increased Potassium Level in Blood
- Renal Impairment
- Unusual Tiredness and Weakness
- Back pain
- Chest tightness
- Decreased Blood Pressure
- Increased heartbeat
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Ramace 10 mg may interact with other medicines you are already taking and this can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Thus, you must always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, OTC Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Ramace 10 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/ Renal Function
- Hypersensitivity/ Allergy
- Pediatric Population
- Pregnant women as it may cause birth defects or can be fatal to your unborn baby
- Discuss with your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in any conditions.
Things To Remember:
- You should follow a regular exercise and proper diet schedule
- Keep monitoring your Liver enzyme function regularly
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the tablet
Do not stop taking Ramace 10 mg on your own or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician.
Store the Ramace 10 mg at room temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged before purchasing.