Requip XL 4 Mg
USA Brand Name
Requip XL 4 Mg (Ropinirole Hydrobromide)
What Is The Generic Name For Requip XL 4 Mg:
Ropinirole Hydrobromide is the generic version for Requip XL 4 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Requip XL 4 mg (Ropinirole Hydrobromide):
About Requip XL 4 Mg (Ropinirole Hydrobromide):
Requip XL 4 mg contains an active ingredient, Ropinirole Hydrobromide, an antipsychotic drug which is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and Restless Leg Syndrome. You can buy Requip XL from all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
GSK (UK) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Requip XL 4 mg.
Requip XL 4 mg contains Ropinirole Hydrobromide, 4 mg per tablet and is available in the various strengths and substitutes with different strengths at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores but on prescription only.
What Are The Uses Of The Requip XL 4 Mg (Ropinirole Hydrobromide):
Requip XL 4 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Restless Leg Syndrome
How Requip XL 4 Mg (Ropinirole Hydrobromide) Works:
Ropinirole Hydrobromide in Requip XL 4 mg increases the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger which is needed to control the movements in the brain.
Before You Use Requip XL 4 Mg (Ropinirole Hydrobromide):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Ropinirole Hydrobromide
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, vitamins or Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Requip XL 4 Mg (Ropinirole Hydrobromide):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid taking any antipsychotic medicine
- Avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs that needs your alertness as Requip XL may cause hallucinations or dizziness.
- Strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Requip XL 4 Mg (Ropinirole Hydrobromide):
You should avoid Requip XL 4 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have serious Heart Problems
- Have other Mental Disorders
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have gone through any Surgical Procedure
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Develop Hallucinations (Visualizing, Hearing or Feeling the things which does not exist) while taking this drug
- Have Dyskinesia (Uncontrolled Limb Movement)
- Have Sleepiness or Sudden Episodes of Falling Asleep
- Have Vision Impairment
- Have Unusual Urges
- Have Psychosis (Schizophrenia)
- Have Severe Heart or Blood Vessel Disease
- Have Any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Requip XL 4 mg contains an active ingredient, Ropinirole Hydrobromide, which is used in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and Restless Leg Syndrome. Ropinirole is available in various substitutes with various strengths and should be given on prescription only. You must consult your doctor for the frequency, duration and dose of the tablet as age and severity of the disease differ from patients to patients.
Patients are advised to take Requip XL 4 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for use in children or adolescents less than 18 years of age.
How Much Of The Requip XL 4 Mg (Ropinirole Hydrobromide) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Requip XL 4 mg.
How To Take The Requip XL 4 Mg (Ropinirole Hydrobromide):
Requip XL 4 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Requip XL 4 Mg (Ropinirole Hydrobromide)
You are always advised to take Requip XL 4 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
- You should call your doctor immediately or reach nearby medical facility if overdose is suspected with symptoms like fever, severe allergies, edema, hallucinations, vomiting, etc.
- Do not share your medicine with anyone even if anyone is similar symptoms.
A missed dose of Requip XL 4 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Requip XL 4 Mg (Ropinirole Hydrobromide)
- Dry Mouth
- Peripheral Edema
- Change in Taste
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Requip XL 4 mg may interact with other medicines you are already taking which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You must always inform your doctor if you are on any Vitamins or Minerals, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Sodium Oxybate
Warning And Precaution:
Requip XL 4 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Heart Problems
- Mental Disorders
- Unusual urges like Intense Sexual Urge or Urge for Gambling
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Contact your doctor or seek medical help if you notice the changes in behavior (such as unusual urges or craving to behave in a certain manner, impulsive urge to behave in a manner harmful to other/self, mania or delirium)
- Keep out of reach of children
- Never miss to contact your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the tablet
Do not stop taking Requip XL 4 mg in between the course and also do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Requip XL 4 mg at room temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged before purchasing.