Rozavel 40 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Rozavel 40 Mg (Rosuvastatin)
What Is The Generic Name For Rozavel 40 Mg?
Rosuvastatin is the generic version for Rozavel 40 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Rozavel 40 mg (Rosuvastatin)?
About Rozavel 40 Mg (Rosuvastatin):
Rozavel 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Rosuvastatin, is used in the treatment of Increased Cholesterol, Increased Triglycerides, and Increased LDL levels. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Rozavel 40 mg.
Rozavel 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Rosuvastatin, 40 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Rozavel 40 Mg (Rosuvastatin)?
Rozavel 40 mg is used in:
- Type III Hyperlipoproteinemia
- Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases
- Prevention of Stroke
How Rozavel 40 Mg (Rosuvastatin) Works?
Rozavel 40 mg has an active ingredient, Rosuvastatin, cholesterol-lowering statin. It basically works by blocking HMG-CoA-reductase, an enzyme that is required in the body to make cholesterol. Hence it lowers the bad cholesterol (LDL), triglycerides, and raises the good cholesterol (HDL).
Before You Use Rozavel 40 Mg (Rosuvastatin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Rosuvastatin
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Rozavel 40 Mg (Rosuvastatin)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Rozavel 40 Mg (Rosuvastatin)?
You should avoid Rozavel 40 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have gone through any Surgical Procedure
- Have Diabetes
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Are Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Muscle Pain, Cramps, Weakness, Tiredness or Dark Color Urine while Taking Rozavel
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Diabetes
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Rozavel 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Rosuvastatin, which is used in the treatment of Increased Cholesterol, Increased Triglycerides, and Increased LDL levels. Rozavel 40 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Rozavel 40 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for use in children less than 10 years of age. It also reduces the amount of cholesterol in children and patients between 10 to 17 years of age suffering from Hypercholesterolemia, a genetic disorder.
How Much Of The Rozavel 40 Mg (Rosuvastatin) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Rozavel 40 mg.
How To Take The Rozavel 40 Mg (Rosuvastatin)?
Rozavel 40 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Rozavel 40 Mg (Rosuvastatin)?
You are always advised to take Rozavel 40 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Rozavel 40 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Rozavel 40 Mg (Rosuvastatin)?
- Musculoskeletal (Bone, Muscle or Joint) Pain
- Allergic Reaction
- Increased Liver Enzymes
- Increased Creatine Phosphokinase (CPK) Level in Blood
- Joint Swelling/Pain
- Increased Glucose Level in Blood
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Rozavel 40 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Rozavel 40 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Cognitive Impairment
- Alcohol Consumption
- Pediatric Population (<6 years)
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- You should follow a regular exercise and proper diet schedule
- Keep monitoring your Blood Glucose Levels
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Rozavel 40 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Rozavel 40 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.