USA Brand Name
Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.
Septran Tablet (Sulphamethoxazole+Trimethoprim)
What Is The Generic Name For Septran Tablet?
Sulphamethoxazole+Trimethoprim is the generic version for Septran Tablet
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Septran Tablet (Sulphamethoxazole+Trimethoprim)?
- Septra DS
About Septran Tablet (Sulphamethoxazole+Trimethoprim):
Septran Tablet contains two active ingredients, Sulphamethoxazole 800 mg, and Trimethoprim 160 mg, used in the treatment of Bacterial Infections. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd. is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Septran Tablet.
Septran Tablet contains an active ingredient, Sulphamethoxazole 400 mg Trimethoprim 80 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Septran Tablet (Sulphamethoxazole+Trimethoprim)?
Septran Tablet is used in the treatment and prevention of:
- All Bacterial Infections
How Septran Tablet (Sulphamethoxazole+Trimethoprim) Works?
Septran Tablet has:
- Sulphamethoxazole (an antibiotic) stops bacteria from producing folic acid, a vitamin required for bacterial replication.
- Trimethoprim (an antibiotic) stops bacteria from producing folic acid, a vitamin required for bacterial replication.
Before You Use Septran Tablet (Sulphamethoxazole+Trimethoprim):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Sulphamethoxazole and Trimethoprim
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Septran Tablet (Sulphamethoxazole+Trimethoprim)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid exposure to sunlight
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Septran Tablet (Sulphamethoxazole+Trimethoprim)?
You should avoid Septran Tablet if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Face adverse Effects of Sepmax DS like Skin Rash, Sore Throat, Fever, Muscle, Joints, Bone Pain or Stiffness (Arthralgia), Cough, Shortness of Breath or Jaundice, Unusual Bleeding, Severe Headache, Confusion, High Potassium Levels, Loss of Coordination, Etc.
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have a deficiency of folic acid
- Are Anaemic
- Are facing condition like Hyperkalemia
- Are also taking Repaglinide (antidiabetic)
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- You should always tell your doctor about your medical history for suitable and effective treatment
Septran Tablet contains two active ingredients, Sulphamethoxazole and Trimethoprim, used in the treatment of all Bacterial Infections. Septran Tablet is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person. It is also available in the form of suspension.
Adults are advised to take Septran Tablet at a fixed time, with the meal. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Septran Tablet (Sulphamethoxazole+Trimethoprim) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Septran Tablet.
How To Take The Septran Tablet (Sulphamethoxazole+Trimethoprim)?
Septran Tablet dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with the meal to avoid stomach Upset.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Septran Tablet (Sulphamethoxazole+Trimethoprim)?
You are always advised to take Septran Tablet as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in larger amount or for a longer time than recommended. You should complete the course even if you have started feeling better.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Septran Tablet should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Septran Tablet (Sulphamethoxazole+Trimethoprim)?
- Stomach Pain
- Skin Rashes Swelling of the Tissues of Kidney
- Serum Sickness
- Rare Severe Allergic Reactions
- Abnormal Decrease in White Blood Cell Count
- Crystal Formation in Urine
- Sore Throat or Ulcers
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Folate Deficiency
- Severe Diarrhea
- Decreased Appetite
- Unusual Tiredness and Weakness
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Septran (400+80)mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Cyclosporin A
Warning And Precaution:
Septran Tablet should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Be careful of Allergic Reactions while taking Septran Tablet as it may cause severe Problems
- Always wear protective clothing or use sunscreen (SPF 30) when you are outdoors
- Drink adequate water during the course of this medicine
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Septran Tablet abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Septran Tablet at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.