Seroquel XR 50 Mg
USA Brand Name
Seroquel XR 50 Mg (Quetiapine Fumarate)
What Is The Generic Name For Seroquel XR:
Quetiapine Fumarate is the generic version for Seroquel XR
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Seroquel XR 50 mg (Quetiapine Fumarate):
- Seroquel XR
About Seroquel XR 50 Mg (Quetiapine Fumarate):
Seroquel XR 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Quetiapine Fumarate, an antipsychotic drug which is used as monotherapy for acute depressive episodes of bipolar disorders. It may also be given with Lithium or Divalproex in acute manic attacks. You can buy Seroquel XL from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores but on doctor’s prescription only.
Astra Zeneca is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Seroquel XR 50 mg.
Seroquel XR 50 mg contains Quetiapine Fumarate, 50 mg per tablet and is available in the various strengths like 150, 200, 300, and 400 mg tablets and also other substitutes with different strengths at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores but on prescription only.
What Are The Uses Of The Seroquel XR 50 Mg (Quetiapine Fumarate):
Seroquel XR 50 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Acute depressive episodes in Bipolar disorders
- Acute manic attack in Bipolar disorders
- Acute manic or mixed episodes in bipolar I disorders
- Bipolar disorders as monotherapy or adjunct therapy with lithium and divalproex
How Seroquel XR 50 Mg (Quetiapine Fumarate) Works:
Quetiapine Fumarate in Seroquel XR 50 mg works by restoring the balance of certain natural chemical messengers (neurotransmitters) in the brain.
Before You Use Seroquel XR 50 Mg (Quetiapine Fumarate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Quetiapine Fumarate
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, surgeries, Medications, vitamins or any kind of Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Seroquel XR 50 Mg (Quetiapine Fumarate):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid overheating or dehydrating yourself
- You should avoid taking any antipsychotic medicine without discussion with your doctor
- Avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs that needs your alertness as Seroquel XL may cause hallucinations or dizziness.
When Not To Use Seroquel XR 50 Mg (Quetiapine Fumarate):
You should avoid Seroquel XR 50 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have other Mental Disorders like depression, Seizures,etc.
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have Dyskinesia, hypotension, metabolic disorders, blood count changes, etc.
- Have gone through any Surgical Procedure
- Have Cataract
- Have Dyslipidemia
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Develop Hallucinations (Visualizing, Hearing or Feeling the things which does not exist) while taking this drug
- Have Dyskinesia (Uncontrolled Limb Movement)
- Have Sleepiness or Sudden Episodes of Falling Asleep
- Have Vision Impairment
- Have Unusual Urges
- Have Psychosis (Schizophrenia)
- Have Severe Heart or Blood Vessel Disease
- Have Any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Seroquel XR 50 mg contains Quetiapine Fumarate, which is used in the treatment of bipolar disorders. Seroquel extended release is available in various substitutes with various strengths and should be given on prescription only. Consult your doctor for the frequency, duration and dose of the tablet as age and severity of the disease differ from patients to patients.
Patients are advised to take Seroquel XR 50 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for use in children or adolescents less than 18 years of age.
How Much Of The Seroquel XR 50 Mg (Quetiapine Fumarate) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Seroquel XR 50 mg.
How To Take The Seroquel XR 50 Mg (Quetiapine Fumarate):
Seroquel XR 50 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It has to be taken in the evening 3-4 hours before bedtime without food or a light meal.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Seroquel XR 50 Mg (Quetiapine Fumarate)
You are always advised to take Seroquel XR 50 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Call your doctor immediately or reach nearby medical facility if overdose is suspected with symptoms like hallucinations, vomiting, dyspepsia, dysarthria, metabolic changes, any adverse reaction, etc.
Do not share your medicine with anyone even if anyone is having similar symptoms.
A missed dose of Seroquel XR 50 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Seroquel XR 50 Mg (Quetiapine Fumarate)
- Dizziness/ Sleepiness
- Nausea/ Vomiting
- Dry mouth
- Increased appetite
- Weight gain
- Nasal congestion
- Peripheral Edema
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Seroquel XR 50 mg may interact with other medicines you are already taking which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You must always inform your doctor if you are on any Vitamins or Minerals, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Seroquel XR 50 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Discontinuation syndrome
It must be contraindicated in:
- Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome
- Hyperglycemia/ Diabetes Mellitus
- Postural hypotension
- Leukopenia, neutropenia, or agranulocytosis
- Elderly patients with dementia (these elderly patients taking antipsychotic drug)
- QT prolongation
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in various diseased conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Seek medical help if you notice the changes in your behavior (such as unusual urges or craving to behave in a certain manner, impulsive urge to behave in a manner harmful to other/self, mania or depressive thoughts)
- Keep out of reach and sight of children
- Never miss to contact your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the tablet.
Do not stop taking Seroquel XR 50 mg in between the course and also do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Seroquel XR 50 mg at room temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged before purchasing.