Simvotin 40 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Simvotin 40 Mg (Simvastatin)
What Is The Generic Name For Simvotin 40 Mg?
Simvastatin is the generic version for Simvotin 40 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Simvotin 40 mg (Simvastatin)?
About Simvotin 40 Mg (Simvastatin):
Simvotin 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Simvastatin, a medicine which is used for the treatment of increased cholesterol, and increased triglycerides. You may buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Simvotin 40 mg.
Simvotin 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Simvastatin, 10 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Simvotin 40 Mg (Simvastatin)?
Simvotin 40 mg is used in:
- Type III Hyperlipoproteinemia
- Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases
- Prevention of Heart Stroke
How Simvotin 40 Mg (Simvastatin) Works?
Simvotin 40 mg has an active ingredient, Simvastatin, a statin. It basically works by blocking an enzyme, HMG-CoA-reductase which is required in the body to make cholesterol. It thus lowers bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides and raises good cholesterol (HDL).
Before You Use Simvotin 40 Mg (Simvastatin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Simvastatin
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Simvotin 40 Mg (Simvastatin)?
- Avoid taking alcohol and Grapefruit Juice
- Avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Simvotin 40 Mg (Simvastatin)?
You should avoid Simvotin 40 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Cramps, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Tiredness, and Appetite Loss while taking Simvastatin
- Have Fever, Sick Feeling, Yellow Skin or Dark Colored Urine
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Rhabdomyolysis
- Have Diabetes as it may raise Blood Sugar Levels
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Simvotin 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Simvastatin, used in the treatment of increased cholesterol, increased triglycerides and increased LDL levels. Simvotin 40 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Simvotin 40 mg at a fixed time preferably with food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It prevents one death in every 400 patients with heart disease treated over 4 to 40 year
How Much Of The Simvotin 40 Mg (Simvastatin) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Simvotin 40 mg.
How To Take The Simvotin 40 Mg (Simvastatin)?
Simvotin 40 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with or without food or as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. You may take it with food to prevent Diarrhea or gas problem.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Simvotin 40 Mg (Simvastatin)?
You are always advised to take Simvotin 40 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Simvotin 40 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Simvotin 40 Mg (Simvastatin)?
- Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) Pain
- Allergic reaction
- Increased Liver Enzymes
- Increased Creatine PhosphoKinase (CPK) level in blood
- Stomach Pain
- Joint swelling
- Dark Urine
- Increased glucose level in blood
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Some medicines may interact with Simvotin 40 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Impaired Liver Function
Warning And Precaution:
Simvotin 40 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Myopathy and Rhabdomyolysis
- Alcohol consumption
- Cognitive Impairment
- Pediatric Population (below 6 years)
- Pregnant women as it may cause birth defects or can be fatal to your unborn baby
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- You should follow a regular exercise and proper diet schedule
- Keep monitoring your Liver enzyme function and also Blood Glucose Levels
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
- Do not stop Simvotin 40 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician.
- It is better to take this medicine in evening time.
Store the Simvotin 40 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.