Susten 8% Vaginal gel
USA Brand Name
Crinone/ Gestrol 50
Progesterone (Natural Micronized)
Sun Pharmaceutical, India
Susten 8% Vaginal gel (Progesterone (Natural Micronized))
What Is The Generic Name For Susten 8% Vaginal gel:
Progesterone is the generic version for Susten 8% Vaginal gel
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Susten 8% Vaginal gel (Progesterone):
- Gestrol 50
About Susten 8% Vaginal gel (Progesterone)
Susten 8% Vaginal gel contains an active ingredient, Progesterone, which is used in the treatment of female infertility. This medicine is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and must be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharmaceutical, India is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Susten 8% Vaginal Gel.
Susten 8% Vaginal gel contains an active ingredient, Progesterone, which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Susten 8% Vaginal gel (Progesterone):
Susten 8% Vaginal gel is used in the treatment in the following conditions:
- Postmenopausal hormonal replacement therapy
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
- Endometrial hyperplasia
- Progesterone deficiency during pregnancy
- Premenstrual syndrome
How Susten 8% Vaginal gel (Progesterone) Works:
Susten 8% Vaginal gel has an active ingredient; Progesterone (female hormone) which works on the lining of the uterus and helps to establish and maintain pregnancy in infertile women. It also helps in protecting the uterus from the negative effects of estrogen when used for the treatment of postmenopausal symptoms.
Before You Use Susten 8% Vaginal gel (Progesterone):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Progesterone
- You are not having any serious Disease
- Your doctor must know about your medical history (about your Surgeries, all diseases, pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Susten 8% Vaginal gel (Progesterone):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Susten 8% Vaginal gel (Progesterone):
You should not take Susten 8% Vaginal gel if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have breast cancer
- Have abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Have miscarriage
- Have heart and blood vessel disorder
- Have liver disease
- Have second and third trimester of pregnancy
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Gel
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Susten 8% Vaginal gel contains an active ingredient, Progesterone, which is used in the treatment of female infertility. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and must be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can only be judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Susten 8% Vaginal gel at a fixed time with or without the food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take it regularly by time for better effects.
How Much Of The Susten 8% Vaginal gel (Progesterone) to Be Used:
As Susten 8% Vaginal gel is available in various strengths and substitutes, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Susten 8% Vaginal Gel. Do not take the Gel on your own and for a longer time than prescribed by the doctor.
How To Take The Susten 8% Vaginal gel (Progesterone):
Susten 8% Vaginal gel is for external use only. Use the gel in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label of the tube for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area thoroughly and apply the gel. Wash your hands thoroughly after applying.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Susten 8% Vaginal gel (Progesterone):
You are always advised to take Susten 8% Vaginal gel as prescribed. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take the Gel in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended by your doctor.
Seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor in case of any overdose symptoms. Emergency medical treatment will be initiated by the doctor if any overdose symptoms are suspected.
The missed dosage should be taken as soon as possible. It is advisable to skip the missed dosage if it is already time for your next scheduled dosage. Do not take double dosage to make up for the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Susten 8% Vaginal gel (Progesterone):
- Chest pain and discomfort
- Fever and chills
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Breast pain and tenderness
- Muscle or joint pain
- White or brownish discharge from the vagina
- Viral infections
- Breast lumps
- Loss of vision or blurred vision
- Unexpected vaginal bleeding
- Convulsions (seizures)
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Hot flashes
- Hair loss or thinning of the hair
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Susten 8% Vaginal Gel. It can produce some undesirable effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication or Supplements so that well-planned medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
There are disease interactions with Progesterone which include:
- Breast cancer
- Liver disease
- Retinal thrombosis
- Blood clotting disorders
- Fluid Retention and edema
- Bleeding disorders
- Metabolic disorders
- Vision abnormalities
- Peanut allergy
- This medicine may also interact with following Lab Tests
- Blood coagulation tests
- Liver function tests
- Thyroid function tests
Warning And Precaution:
Susten 8% Vaginal gel can worsen the conditions like:
- You should drive with caution while taking this medicine
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment when you are suffering from any of these conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- You must always read the information thoroughly written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to dosage, time and strength of the medicine.
Susten 8% Vaginal gel should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take this Gel for a shorter or longer time than recommended by the Doctor.
Store the Susten 8% Vaginal gel at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the Gel tube should be intact and is not damaged while storing.