Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 ml)
USA Brand Name
Alkem Laboratories, India
Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) (Cefotaxime)
What Is The Generic Name For Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml):
Cefotaxime is the generic version for Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml)
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) (Cefotaxime)
About Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) (Cefotaxime)
Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) contain an active ingredient, Cefotaxime which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used in treatment of serious bacterial infections of various body parts like urinary tract, skin and soft-tissue, pneumonia, respiratory tract infections, genitals, infections of the stomach or intestines. It is widely available at all the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores and you must buy it by doctor’s prescription only.
Alkem Laboratories, India is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml). It can be purchased from our online pharmacy.
Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) Injection contain Cefotaxime, which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) (Cefotaxime):
Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) is used in the treatment of disease conditions like:
- Bacterial Septicemia
- Gonococcal Infection
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Surgical prophylaxis
- Bacterial Meningitis
- Intra-abdominal Infections
- Bone and Joint infections
- Skin and Soft tissue infections
- Gynecologic infections
How Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) (Cefotaxime) Works:
Cefotaxime is the basic content present in Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml). Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) is an antibiotic which kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Before You Use Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) (Cefotaxime):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Cefotaxime
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor must know about all of your Pre-existing diseases, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, and Supplements you are taking.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) (Cefotaxime):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) (Cefotaxime):
You should not use Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Are allergic towards any penicillin antibiotic
- Always discuss with your doctor for best suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) contains Cefotaxime, which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and has availability in various strengths and substitutes but should be given on prescription only. Discuss with your doctor for the duration and the dosage of the medicine as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) at a fixed time.
How Much Of The Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) (Cefotaxime) to Be Used:
As Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) is available in various strengths and substitutes, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml). Do not take it on your own and for longer time than prescribed by doctor.
How To Take The Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) (Cefotaxime):
Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. Your doctor or nurse will give you Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml). Kindly do not self administer this medicine.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) (Cefotaxime):
You are always advised to take Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) as prescribed. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended by your doctor.
Seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor in case of any overdose symptoms. Since Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) is administered in the hospital or clinical setting by a qualified healthcare professional, the likelihood of an overdose is very low. However, emergency medical treatment will be initiated by the doctor if any overdose symptoms is suspected.
The missed dosage should be taken as soon as possible. It is advisable to skip the missed dosage if it is already time for your next scheduled dosage. Do not take double dosage to make up for the missed dosage. Since Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) is administered by a qualified healthcare professional in the clinical or hospital setting, the likelihood of a missed dosage is very low.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) (Cefotaxime)
- Abdominal pain
- Black or tarry stools
- Increased heartbeat
- Skin rash
- Difficult or painful urination
- Blurred vision
- Fever with chills
- Loss of appetite
- Pain at the injection site
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) may interfere with other medicines you are already taking and these interactions can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always inform your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements so that well planned medication can be recommended. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Cholera Vaccine
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Renal Dysfunction
- Seizure disorders
- Liver Disease
- Clostridium difficile-associated Diarrhea
Warning And Precaution:
- Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women
- It should be used with caution in patients with conditions that requires sodium restriction, such as congestive heart failure, hypertension (high blood pressure), and fluid retention.
- It is not recommended for Children and Adolescents
- Consult your physician to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment for better results.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Regular monitoring of electrolytes levels and vital signs is necessary for patients
- Drink sufficient amount of water to minimize the stomach irritation.
- Always read the information thoroughly written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Discuss with your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dosage, time, and strength of the medicine
Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this Injection before completion of the course on your own.
Store the Taxim 500 Mg Injection (2 Ml) at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the Injections should be intact and not damaged while storing.