Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 Mg
USA Brand Name
Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 Mg (Carbamazepine)
What Is The Generic Name For Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 Mg:
Carbamazepine is the generic version for Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 Mg (Carbamazepine):
About Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 Mg (Carbamazepine):
Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Carbamazepine which is used in the treatment of Seizures, Trigeminal Neuralgia, and Mania. You can find this prescription based drug at any of the leading drugstores, leading online pharmacy stores, and medical supply stores.
Novartis (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 mg.
Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Carbamazepine, 100 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 Mg (Carbamazepine):
Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Epilepsy/ Seizures
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
How Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 Mg (Carbamazepine) Works:
An antiepileptic drug, Carbamazepine is present in Tegrital Chewable Tablets which helps to control the seizures/ fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Before You Use Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 Mg (Carbamazepine):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Carbamazepine
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your all conditions like Pre-existing Disease, Medications, Herbal Supplements, Vitamins, and food habits.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 Mg (Carbamazepine):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- Strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 Mg (Carbamazepine):
You should avoid Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Skin Allergies
- Mood Disorders
- Have Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Have any other serious condition
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Low Blood Cell Counts
- Have Low Sodium Levels
- Have Skin Allergies
- Have Mood Disorders
- Have any Heart Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 mg contains Carbamazepine, used in the treatment of Seizures or mania and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Always consult your doctor for the duration, dose, and frequency of the dosage form as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 mg at a fixed time with or without the meal. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. Care should be taken while taking a dose in any age group.
How Much Of The Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 Mg (Carbamazepine) to Be Used:
Patients are advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 mg.
How To Take The Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 Mg (Carbamazepine):
Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as indicated by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 Mg (Carbamazepine)
You are always advised to take Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor or reach nearby emergency medical center immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like Increased Sweating, Excess Urination, Stiffness of Limbs, etc.
Do not share your medicine with anyone around you even if somebody is having similar symptoms as it may cause unwanted adverse effects. Always suggest people consult their doctors in case of any disease or disorder or health condition.
A missed dose of Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are TheSide Effects Of The Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 Mg (Carbamazepine)
- Blurred Vision
- Stiffness of Limbs
- Decreased white blood cell counts
- Impairment in coordination
- Frequent Urination
- Weight Gain
- Dry Mouth
- Increased Sweating
- Skin Rash
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 mg may interact with many other medicines you are already taking or you are prescribed recently to take. This interaction with other medicines can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always consult with your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Azole Antifungal Agents
- Ethinyl Estradiol
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Liver Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Mood Disorders like Depression or Suicidal Thoughts
- Blood Cell Counts
- Bone Marrow Suppression
- Low Sodium Levels
- Withdrawal Symptoms like Tremors, Anxiety, etc.
- Skin Reactions like Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Monitor and maintain your Blood Cell Counts and Sodium Levels
- Do not use this medicine if you are suffering from Impaired Liver Function and Low White Blood Cell Counts
- Keep the medicine away from Children
- Do not buy or use expired medicines.
- Consult your doctor in case you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and the strength of the tablet
Do not stop taking Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 mg on your own or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician. Let your doctor decide your course duration and frequency of the medicine.
Store the Tegrital Chewable Tablets 100 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged while purchasing and also during storage.