Temonat 100 Mg
USA Brand Name
Natco Pharma, India
Temonat 100 Mg (Temozolomide)
What Is The Generic Name For Temonat:
Temozolomide is the generic version for Temonat
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Temonat 100 mg (Temozolomide):
About Temonat 100 Mg (Temozolomide):
Temonat 100 mg contains an alkylating agent as an active ingredient, Temozolomide, which is used in the treatment of brain tumors or cancers. This prescription-only drug is available at any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores.
Natco Pharma (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Temonat 100 mg.
Temonat 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Temozolomide, 100 mg per capsule which is available in the various strengths at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Temonat 100 Mg (Temozolomide):
Temonat 100 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Brain Tumors or Cancer
- Glioblastoma, concurrently with radiotherapy or in the maintenance of radiotherapy
- Anaplastic astrocytoma which is refractory to nitrosoureas
- Metastatic carcinoma of the brain
How Temonat 100 Mg (Temozolomide) Works:
Temozolomide partly is an alkylating agent in anticancer category which slows down or stops the cancer cells growth and kills them.
Before You Use Temonat 100 Mg (Temozolomide):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Temozolomide
- You are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Herbal Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Temonat 100 Mg (Temozolomide):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Smoking
- Avoid being in contact with people having any infection or inflammation
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Temonat 100 Mg (Temozolomide):
You should not use Temonat 100 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/ Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Liver/ Kidney Impairment
- Are Breastfeeding/ Pregnant
- Always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Blood Problems and Diabetes
- Have Liver/ Kidney Problems
- Had any infection or received any vaccination
- Have had a Surgery or have been operated recently
- Have recently received chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- Are Pregnant/ Conceiving/ Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Temonat 100 mg contains Temozolomide, which is used in the treatment of brain tumor or metastatic cancer. Temonat 100 mg is a prescription-only drug and may be available in various strengths with other substitutes. Consult your doctor for the duration and frequency of the dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
It is not recommended for the Pediatric Population (children below 18 yrs of age). It is not recommended for the pregnant/ Breastfeeding women and healthy people should not come in contact with this medicine as well as patient taking this medicine as it may be harmful.
How Much Of The Temonat 100 Mg (Temozolomide) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Temonat 100 mg. Do not exceed the dose on your own as it may result in adverse effects. Also, do not reduce the dose on your own.
How To Take The Temonat 100 Mg (Temozolomide):
Temonat 100 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time and is to be taken empty stomach with water. Swallow the capsule as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Temonat 100 Mg (Temozolomide)
Patients are always advised to take Temonat 100 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it for a shorter or longer time than recommended.
Contact your physician or reach nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like hematological toxicity, abdominal pain, diarrhea, abnormal hepatic function, etc. Overdose can cause fatal effects to the individual, hence; this must be overcome by adopting the right measures as soon as possible.
There are very less chances of overdose from an injection as it is given by doctor or nurse in a medical facility but if somehow it happens then precautions at medical facility can be taken.
Do not give your medicine to others and avoid yourself in being contact with person having flu or other infections.
A missed dose of Temonat 100 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once. Contact your doctor if you have missed your dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Temonat 100 Mg (Temozolomide)
- Nausea /Vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash, hives, or itching
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Liver toxicity or abnormal liver function
- Decreased blood cells count or Anemia
- Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand)
- Hair loss
- Low blood pressure
- Abnormal Liver function
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Temonat 100 mg may interact with other medicines or other products you are already taking and this interaction can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always discuss it with your doctor if you are on any Vitamin, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Live attenuated vaccines
It may interact with the few diseased conditions:
- Other brain diseases
Warning And Precaution:
Temonat 100 mg should be used very cautiously or avoided in:
- Hypersensitivity/ Allergy
- Live vaccines
- Bone marrow suppression (Myelosuppression)
- Rapid intravenous injection
- Pediatric use
- Anaphylactic reactions
- Infections and inflammations
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment.
Things To Remember:
- Monitoring of complete blood cell count is needed while taking this medicine
- Keep out of sight as well as the reach of the children
- Do not use expired products or medicine
- Ask your doctor in case you have any doubt related to the dosage, time, and the strength of the capsule
Do not miss the dose of Temonat 100 mg in between the course or do not increase or decrease the dose on your own. Strictly follow your doctor’s instructions and always contact your doctor in case of any doubt or confusion.
Store it at cool temperature not more than 25 ̊C in clean, dark and dry place. Make sure that the capsules should be intact and not damaged before or while purchasing. Store it away from anybody's reach.