Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment
USA Brand Name
Entod Pharmaceuticals, India
Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment (Tobramycin)
What Is The Generic Name For Tobracid:
Tobramycin is the generic version for Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment (Tobramycin):
About Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment (Tobramycin):
Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment contains an active ingredient, Tobramycin, an antibiotic which is used for the treatment of bacterial infections. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy Stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores but it can be given on doctor’s prescription only.
- Eye Ointment
Entod Pharmaceuticals, India is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment. It can be purchased from our online pharmacy.
Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment contains an active ingredient, Tobramycin 0.3% w/v in a bottle which may be available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment (Tobramycin):
Tobramycin is used in:
- Allergic Reactions of Eye
- Cystic fibrosis
- Tobramycin in other dosage forms is used in the treatment of Allergic disorders in other body parts.
How Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment (Tobramycin) Works:
Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment is consisting of Tobramycin, an antibiotic drug which basically kills bacteria by inhibiting synthesis of essentials proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Before You Use Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment (Tobramycin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Tobramycin
- You are not using contact lenses
- Your doctor must know about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment (Tobramycin):
- You should avoid the alcohol consumption
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
- You should avoid multiple eye Ointment for eye at the same time.
When Not To Use Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment (Tobramycin):
You should avoid Tobramycin if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have increased pressure inside the eyes, redness, swelling, itching or inflammation of eyes
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for best suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have any Inflammation or any pressure related problem inside the eye.
- Are taking other medicines for eye only
- Have redness, swelling, itching as a side effect which is getting worse by time
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment contains an active ingredient, Tobramycin, which is used in the treatment of Eye Infection and should be given on prescription. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person. Tobramycin is also available in tablet/ capsule form which can be given by your doctor for the treatment of bacterial infections in other body parts
Patients are advised to take Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment at a fixed time, preferably in morning and evening time or prescribed by your doctor. It can be used for Ear Infections also.
How Much Of The Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment (Tobramycin) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to strictly follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Tobramycin.
How To Take The Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment (Tobramycin):
Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment should be taken at a fixed time once or twice a day as directed by your doctor. You may take it by holding the Ointment tube close to the eye without touching the eye. Then, gently squeeze the Ointment tube and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid. Wipe off the extra medicine with a Clean Cloth or Tissue.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment (Tobramycin)
You are always advised to use the eye Ointment as recommended by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended by your doctor but you are always advised to complete the course of treatment.
Rinse your eyes thoroughly in case of any irritation or severe symptom of inflammation in the eye and contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of the Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dosage you missed if it is the time for the next dosage. Do not take multiple dosages next time to make up the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment (Tobramycin):
- Hearing loss
- Ringing or buzzing in ears
- Balance disorder
- Tobramycin in other dosage forms can cause more severe side effects not listed here.
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines may interact with Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements so that a well planned medication can be recommended. Tell your doctor about the eye Ointment you are using other then Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment. Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment can interact with following drugs:
- Live cholera vaccine
- Neuromuscular blockers
Warning And Precaution:
Tobracid 0.3% Eye Ointment should be used very cautiously in:
- Blurred Vision
- Eye Surgeries
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Eye disorders or inflammation or Surgeries
- Always consult your doctor about the symptoms to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Do not touch Eye Ointment tube tip while using it and finish it within a month once opened
- You must not take part in activities that require proper and clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely as your vision may be temporarily blurred or unstable after administering eye Ointment
- Clean your hands and eyes thoroughly before and after using the Eye Ointment
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consume sufficient amount of water to prevent kidney injury and hearing problems
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dosage, time, and strength of the medicine
Do not stop taking the eye Ointment between the treatment courses on your own or do not take it for longer than recommended by your doctor.
Store it at room temperature away from direct contact of sunlight and heat; in clean and dry place. Do not freeze it. Use within one month after opening it.