Topamac 100 Mg
USA Brand Name
Topamac 100 Mg (Topiramate)
What Is The Generic Name For Topamac 100 Mg?
Topiramate is the generic version for Topamac 100 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Topamac 100 Mg (Topiramate)?
About Topamac 100 Mg (Topiramate)
Topamac 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Topiramate, an anticonvulsant/antiepileptic which is used to control seizures and also used in bipolar disorders. You can find it at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Topamac 100 mg.
Topamac 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Topiramate, 100 mg. It is also available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Topamac 100 Mg (Topiramate):
Topamac 100 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
- Migraine Headaches
How Topamac 100 Mg (Topiramate) Works?
Topamac 100 mg has Topiramate, an antiepileptic/anticonvulsant agent which basically controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Before You Use Topamac 100 Mg (Topiramate):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you are not taking Alcohol
- Make sure that you are not having any or fatal disease in which it can worsen its effects
- Make sure that you do not have Liver/Kidney/Heart Problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Disease or surgery or medications)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Topamac 100 Mg (Topiramate)?
- You should not drive after taking it until you feel comfortable
- You should avoid taking Alcohol or Beverages
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Topamac 100 Mg (Topiramate)?
You should not take Topamac 100 mg if you:
- Have Hypersensitivity
- Have Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Are Driving or Doing a Work which needs your alertness
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Glaucoma
- Have Seizures/Epilepsy
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Topamac 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Topiramate, which is used in the treatment of Epilepsy and Migraine Headaches. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and duration because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Topamac 100 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You can take it with or without food. Proper dose adjustments should be done carefully for the population below 17 yrs.
How Much Of The Topamac 100 Mg (Topiramate) to Be Used?
Topamac 100 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Topamac 100 mg.
How To Take The Topamac 100 Mg (Topiramate)?
Topamac 100 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the whole tablet with water at once. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Topamac 100 Mg (Topiramate)?
You are always advised to take Topamac 100 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Topamac 100 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Topamac 100 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Topamac 100 Mg (Topiramate)?
- Blurred vision
- Unusual Tiredness and Weakness
- Abdominal Pain
- Loss of Appetite
- Hair loss
- Pale skin
- Back pain
- Skin rash
- Depressed mood
- Flu-like symptoms
- Muscle Cramps
- Weight loss
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Topamac 100 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication or any food or herbal supplements or vitamins. It interacts with the following medicine:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Topamac 100 mg should be used cautiously in conditions like:
- Hypersensitivity as it can cause Allergic reactions
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Withdrawal Symptoms
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Heart Diseases
- It may cause Drug Withdrawal symptoms if you stop taking Medicine abruptly without consulting to your doctor. Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment.
Things To Remember:
- Follow Regular exercise and Proper Diet to get yourself better
- Take lots of liquids and Keep yourself Hydrated as it reduces the chances of Kidney stones
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- You should take it cautiously in any condition
- Topamac 100 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Topamac 100 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.