Uniwarfin 5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Unichem Laboratories, India
Uniwarfin 5 Mg (Warfarin)
What Is The Generic Name For Uniwarfin:
Warfarin is the generic version for Uniwarfin
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Uniwarfin 5 Mg (Warfarin):
About Uniwarfin 5 Mg (Warfarin):
Uniwarfin 5 Mg contains an active ingredient, Warfarin 5 mg. It is an anticoagulant and used for thinning of the blood preventing blood clots in vein and arteries which will further reduce the risk of stroke, heart attack, or other serious conditions. You may buy this prescription based drug from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply by stores only on doctor’s prescription.
Unichem Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Uniwarfin 5 Mg.
Uniwarfin 5 Mg contains an active ingredient, Warfarin 5 mg per tablet which may be available in the various other strengths and substitutes with many strengths at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Uniwarfin 5 Mg (Warfarin):
Uniwarfin 5 Mg is used in:
- Prevention of clotting of blood in veins or arteries
- Heart attack
- Thromboembolic complications
How Uniwarfin 5 Mg (Warfarin) Works:
Warfarin is an Anticoagulant Agent in Uniwarfin 5 Mg tablet which is used to make blood thin and dissolve the clots in veins and arteries. Hence, it prevents the patient from heart attack or stroke or other complications.
Before You Use Uniwarfin 5 Mg (Warfarin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Warfarin
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing diseases, and recommended Medications, Food Habits, Herbal Supplements, surgeries, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Uniwarfin 5 Mg (Warfarin):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid cranberry juice, noni juice, pomegranate juice, or grapefruit juice
- Avoid using NSAIDs like aspirin, ibuprofen, celecoxib, etc.
- Avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- Strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Uniwarfin 5 Mg (Warfarin):
You should avoid Uniwarfin 5 Mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Developed blurring of vision, fatigue or sleepiness after taking it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving or breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have Heart Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Uniwarfin 5 Mg contains Warfarin which is used in the prevention of the blood clots in veins or arteries. Uniwarfin 5 Mg is available in various strengths, substitutes, and various dosage forms like tablets, capsules, or injections. It should be purchased on a doctor’s prescription only. Consult your doctor for the duration and frequency of the dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Patients are advised to take Uniwarfin 5 Mg tablet at a fixed time with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It must be used very cautiously in all patients. It is not recommended for infants. It is given in loading and maintenance dose which must be taken carefully.
How Much Of The Uniwarfin 5 Mg (Warfarin) to Be Used:
It must be taken in the dose as prescribed by your doctor. Patients are advised to follow their schedule to take Uniwarfin 5 Mg. It is given once a day at a fixed time and doses must be increased cautiously.
How To Take The Uniwarfin 5 Mg (Warfarin):
Uniwarfin 5 Mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor by swallowing the whole tablet with water without chewing or crushing it. You are allowed to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Uniwarfin 5 Mg (Warfarin)
Patients are always advised to take Uniwarfin 5 Mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended as it may cause several side effects if taken in the wrong dose.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like excessive bleeding anywhere in the body.
Do not share your medicine with anybody around you even if they are having similar symptoms because it may cause severe effects or toxicity of the drug. Suggest them to consult a doctor for their symptoms.
A missed dose of Uniwarfin 5 Mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed one or more. Discuss with your doctor if you missed any dose. Do not forget to take medicine on time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Uniwarfin 5 Mg (Warfarin)
Bleeding is the major or only side effect of the Warfarin which may cause:
- Sudden headaches
- Feeling very weak or dizzy
- Bleeding gums, nosebleeds, wound bleeding, injection bleeding
- Swelling, Pain or Bruising
- Heavy menstrual or vaginal Bleeding
- Blood in urine or stools
- Coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- Sudden or severe leg pain, or foot ulcers, or purple toes or fingers
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Uniwarfin 5 Mg may interact with the medicines you are taking simultaneously and this interaction can produce few adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always consult with your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Other anticoagulants
- Antifungal drugs
- Herbal Products
- Supplements containing vitamin K
Warning And Precaution:
Uniwarfin 5 Mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Blood-related disorders
- Heart-related problems
- Surgeries of eye, heart, brain, etc
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Follow a proper diet and regular exercise schedule
- Drink more water to fulfill your body requirements and to prevent dehydration.
- Keep out of reach and sight of the children
- Do not use expired products or medicine
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the tablet
Do not stop taking Uniwarfin 5 Mg on your own or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Uniwarfin 5 Mg at room temperature in dark, clean and dry place. You need to make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged while purchasing or storing.