USA Brand Name
Emtriva + Viread + Sustiva, Stocrin
200Mg + 300Mg + 600Mg
Emtricitabine + Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate + Efavirenz
Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Vonavir Tablet (Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate & Efavirenz)
What Is The Generic Name For Vonavir Tablet:
Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate & Efavirenz is the generic version for Vonavir Tablet
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Vonavir Tablet (Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate & Efavirenz):
- Emtriva + Viread + Sustiva
About Vonavir Tablet (Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate & Efavirenz)
Vonavir Tablet contains three active ingredients, Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate & Efavirenz, which is used in the treatment of HIV infections. This medicine is not used as a cure for HIV; it only prevents the virus from multiplying in your body. HIV stands for human immunodeficiency virus, which harms the immune system by destroying the white blood cells which fight infection. This puts you at risk for serious infections & certain cancers. AIDS stands for acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, which is the final stage of infection with HIV. Not everyone having HIV develops AIDS. Causes of HIV infections include: Unprotected sex with an infected person, Drug needles, via contact with the blood of an infected individual; Women can transfer it to their babies during pregnancy or childbirth. This medicine is accessible at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores and must be taken strictly on doctor’s prescription only.
Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is one of the top pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Vonavir Tablet.
Vonavir Tablet contains three active constituents, Emtricitabine (200 mg), Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate (300 mg) & Efavirenz (600 mg). This medicine is obtainable in other substitutes also at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Vonavir Tablet (Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate & Efavirenz):
Vonavir Tablet is used in the treatment in the following conditions:
- HIV infection
How Vonavir Tablet (Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate & Efavirenz) Works:
Vonavir Tablet has three active ingredients; Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate & Efavirenz. They act by preventing HIV (virus) from multiplying, thus decreasing the amount of virus in the body. It also increase the CD4 cell (white blood cells which protect against infection) count in your blood. Emtricitabine is an analogue of cytidine which works by inhibiting reverse transcriptase, the enzyme that copies HIV RNA into new viral DNA. By interfering with this process, which is vital to the replication of HIV, emtricitabine can help to decrease the amount of HIV, or "viral load", in a patient's body & can ultimately increase the amount of immune system cells (namely T cells/CD4+ T-cells). Tenofovir disoproxil is a nucleotide analog reverse-transcriptase inhibitor (NtRTI) which selectively inhibits viral reverse transcriptase, an essential enzyme in retroviruses such as human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), whilst showing limited inhibition of human enzymes, such as DNA polymerases α, β, & mitochondrial DNA polymerase γ. Efavirenz comes in the NNRTI class of antiretrovirals. Both nucleoside & non-nucleoside RTIs inhibit the same target, the reverse transcriptase enzyme, a vital viral enzyme that transcribes viral RNA into DNA. Contrasting nucleoside RTIs that bind at the enzyme’s active site NNRTIs act allosterically by linking to a different site away from the active site known as the NNRTI pocket.
Before You Use Vonavir Tablet (Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate & Efavirenz):
Make certain that:
- You are not sensitive to Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate & Efavirenz
- You are not having any grave Disease
- Your doctor must be educated about your medicinal history like your pre-existing disease, surgeries & Medications, Supplements, Food Habits, lifestyle, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Vonavir Tablet (Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate & Efavirenz):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Vonavir Tablet (Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate & Efavirenz):
You should not take Vonavir Tablet if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Have Immune reconstitution syndrome
- Have Fat redistribution
- Have lactic acidosis
- Have Decreased bone mineral density
- Have CNS effects
- Have Hypercholesterolemia
- Are pregnant
- Have infections
- Are breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the Tablet
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have Liver disease
- Have infections
Vonavir Tablet contains three active ingredients, Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate & Efavirenz, which is used in the treatment of HIV infection. This medicine is obtainable in different substitutes & strengths & has got to be purchased or given on doctor’s prescription only. You must discuss with your physician for adjustment of dosage & time of the medicine since age and severity of the disease differ from person to person, and this can only be best judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Vonavir Tablet at a fixed time without food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take Vonavir Tablet regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Vonavir Tablet (Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate & Efavirenz) to Be Used:
As Vonavir Tablet is available in various strengths and substitutes, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Vonavir Tablet. You should not take the Tablet on your own & for a longer period than recommended by the doctor.
How To Take The Vonavir Tablet (Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate & Efavirenz):
Take Vonavir Tablet in the dose and duration as instructed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole. You must not try to chew, press or break the tablet. Vonavir Tablet is to be taken empty stomach but it is better to take it at a fixed time. Taking this tablet with food increases the risk of side effects.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Vonavir Tablet (Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate & Efavirenz):
You are always advised to take Vonavir Tablet as prescribed. Do not start/stop using this medicine on your own. You must strictly follow all the instructions given by your doctor. You should not take the Tablet in larger or smaller quantity or for a longer period than suggested by your doctor.
You have to seek medical emergency treatment and/ or contact your medical doctor instantly in case of any overdose symptoms. Emergency treatment will be initiated without delay by your medical doctor if they observe overdose symptoms.
The missed dosage of the Tablet should be administered as soon as possible. You should strictly skip the missed dosage if it is by now the time for your next planned dosage. It is advised not to double the dosage of the treatment to make up for the missed dosage.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Vonavir Tablet (Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate & Efavirenz):
- Chest pain
- Cough or hoarseness
- Fever or chills
- Painful or burning urination
- Pale skin
- Abdominal pain
- Joint pain
- Weight loss
- Passing gas
- Itching and skin rash
- Pain in the lower back and side
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Some medicines have been reported to interact with Vonavir Tablet. These interactions might generate some needless or unfavorable effects and/or cause your drug not to act properly. You must always have a discussion with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements so that well premeditated medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
It can also interact with the following disease condition:
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- Increase in cholesterol levels
- CNS disorders
Warning And Precaution:
Vonavir Tablet can worsen the conditions like:
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- Vonavir Tablet is not suggested for use in children less than 12 years of age
- You must exercise regularly & take calcium and vitamin D supplements as recommended by your doctor as it may cause weakening of your bones
- You have to use a reliable contraceptive method to avoid pregnancy while you are on this medication as it can cause birth defects
- You have to regularly get your blood tests done to examine your blood cells, liver and kidney function, and electrolyte levels during treatment with this medicine
- You should not receive this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- You must not drive or operate heavy machinery at the same time as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- Always discuss with your medical doctor straight away to get the most excellent possible treatment if you are observing any of the above mentioned conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Vonavir Tablet out of reach & sight of the children
- This medicine is strictly used with vigilance for treatment of children
- Vonavir Tablet is not recommended for use in pregnant women owing to the increased risk of harmful effects on the unborn baby
- You must always check up the information in particular printed on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- Always discuss with your medical doctor if you have any doubt in case of the dosage, time & strength of the medicine.
Vonavir Tablet should be taken as suggested by your doctor. Do not take this prescription for a longer period than recommended by the medical doctor.
Store the Vonavir Tablet at room temperature in dark & dry place. Make sure the Tablet is intact & not broken while purchasing or storing.