XVir 0.5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Natco Pharma, India
X-Vir 0.5 Mg (Entecavir)
What Is The Generic Name For stavir:
Entecavir is the generic version for Stavir
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To X-Vir 0.5 mg (Entecavir):
About X-Vir 0.5 Mg (Entecavir):
X-Vir 0.5 mg contains an active ingredient Entecavir 0.5 mg, which is used in the treatment of HIV infection. It is a prescription based drug which can be bought from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores only on doctor’s prescription.
Natco Pharma (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture X-Vir 0.5 mg.
X-Vir 0.5 mg contains Entecavir 0.5 mg per capsule. Entecavir is present in various strengths with various substitutes which may be purchased from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The X-Vir 0.5 Mg (Entecavir)
X-Vir 0.5 mg is used in:
- HIV Infection
- Herpes Infection
How X-Vir 0.5 Mg (Entecavir) Works:
X-Vir 0.5 mg (Entecavir), an antiviral medication prevents the multiplication of the virus in human cells and thus stopping the production of new viruses.
Before You Use X-Vir 0.5 Mg (Entecavir):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Entecavir
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing Disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Herbal Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking X-Vir 0.5 Mg (Entecavir):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Driving as it may cause dizziness or sleepiness or tiredness
- Avoid physical intimations or take necessary precautions to because this medicine does not stop the transmission of the Virus and you can still pass it on to other people,
- Strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use X-Vir 0.5 Mg (Entecavir):
You should avoid X-Vir 0.5 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver Disease
- Have severe inflammation of the pancreas
- Have any neurological disorder
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have hypersensitivity or Allergy
- Develop signs of drowsiness/ dizziness, concentrating, difficulty sleeping or any signs of Allergic reactions/inflammation
- Have kidney/ Liver Disease
- Have peripheral neuropathy
- Have pancreatitis
- Have intolerance to sugars like lactose intolerance
- Have or had any Mental Illness or Convulsions/ Seizures
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
X-Vir 0.5 mg contains Entecavir, which is used in the treatment of HIV Infection. X-Vir 0.5 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Patients are advised to take X-Vir 0.5 mg at a fixed time empty stomach (at least 1-2 hr before meal). Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for children and pregnant/ breastfeeding women.
How Much Of The X-Vir 0.5 Mg (Entecavir) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take X-Vir 0.5 mg. Every patient must follow the drug regimen as suggested.
How To Take The X-Vir 0.5 Mg (Entecavir):
X-Vir 0.5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. Swallow the capsule as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It has to be taken empty stomach.
For How Long Should You Continue Using X-Vir 0.5 Mg (Entecavir):
Patients are always advised to take X-Vir 0.5 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended. Also, do not stop taking the medicine in between the course even you feel better than before.
Contact your doctor or reach nearby medical emergency immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like lactic acidosis, abdominal pain, nausea, weight loss, deep breathing, neurological disorders, etc.
Do not share your medicine with your relatives even if they are having similar symptoms. Let them visit the doctor for proper treatment.
A missed dose of X-Vir 0.5 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You need to skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
Do not miss any dose if you want the best results.
What Are The Side Effects Of The X-Vir 0.5 Mg (Entecavir):
- Dizziness/ Sleepiness
- Nervousness and confusion
- Skin rash and itching
- Decrease in granulocyte count
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Abnormal Dreams
- Increased liver enzymes
- Inflammation in pancreas
- Difficulty in paying attention
- Increased triglyceride level in blood
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
X-Vir 0.5 mg may interfere with other medicines you are already taking and this interaction may produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. To prevent yourself from these interactions you must tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with diseased conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
X-Vir 0.5 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Allergy to Entecavir
- CNS defects
- Lactose intolerance
- Liver or kidney issues
- It is not recommended in Breastfeeding/Pregnant women and Pediatric Population.
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in any diseased conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach and sight of the children
- You must take necessary precautions while taking this medicine to prevent yourself from its adverse reactions.
- Do not use expired medicine and always read the information on leaflet or insert of the medicine.
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related dose, time, and strength of the Capsule
Do not stop taking X-Vir 0.5 mg on your own or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician. Let your doctor decide the course of medicines.
Store the X-Vir 0.5 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the capsules should be intact and not damaged.