Zeptol 200 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Zeptol 200 Mg (Carbamazepine)
What Is The Generic Name For Zeptol 200 Mg?
Carbamazepine is the generic version for Zeptol 200 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Zeptol 200 Mg (Carbamazepine)?
About Zeptol 200 Mg (Carbamazepine):
Zeptol 200 mg contains an active ingredient, Carbamazepine which is used in the treatment of Seizures. You can find at all the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Zeptol 200 mg.
Zeptol 200 mg contains an active ingredient, Carbamazepine, 200 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Zeptol 200 Mg (Carbamazepine)?
Zeptol 200 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
How Zeptol 200 Mg (Carbamazepine) Works?
Zeptol 200 mg has an active ingredient, Carbamazepine, an antiepileptic drug. It basically controls seizures/fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Before You Use Zeptol 200 Mg (Carbamazepine):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Carbamazepine
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Zeptol 200 Mg (Carbamazepine)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Zeptol 200 Mg (Carbamazepine)?
You should avoid Zeptol 200 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Skin Allergies
- Mood Disorders
- Have Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Have any other serious condition which can be worsened by intake of Carbamazepine
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Low Blood Cell Counts
- Have Low Sodium Levels
- Have Skin Allergies
- Have Mood Disorders
- Have any Heart Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies.
Zeptol 200 mg contains an active ingredient, Carbamazepine, which is used in the treatment of Seizures and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Zeptol 200mg at a fixed time, with or without the meal. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Zeptol 200 Mg (Carbamazepine) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Zeptol 200 mg.
How To Take The Zeptol 200 Mg (Carbamazepine)?
Zeptol 200 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Zeptol 200 Mg (Carbamazepine)?
You are always advised to take Zeptol 200 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your physician immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose
A missed dose of Zeptol 200 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Zeptol 200 Mg (Carbamazepine)?
- Blurred Vision
- Stiffness of Limbs
- Frequent Urination
- Weight Gain
- Yellow Colored Eyes or Skin
- Dry Mouth
- Increased Sweating
- Skin Rash
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Zeptol 200mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Azole Antifungal Agents
- Ethinyl Estradiol
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Liver Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Zeptol 200 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Mood Disorders like Depression or Suicidal Thoughts
- Blood Cell Counts
- Bone Marrow Suppression
- Low Sodium Levels
- Withdrawal Symptoms like Tremors, Anxiety, etc.
- Skin Reactions like Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep monitoring and maintaining your Sodium Levels and Blood Cell Counts
- You should not use this medicine if you are suffering from Impaired Liver Function and Low Blood Cell Count.
- Keep the medicine away from Children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Zeptol 200 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Zeptol 200 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.