Amlopres 10 Mg
USA Brand Name
Amlopress 10 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)
What Is The Generic Name For Amlopress 10 Mg?
Amlodipine Besilate is the generic version for Amlopress 10 mg.
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Amlopress 10 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)?
About Amlopress 10 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)
Amlopress 10mg contains an active salt, Amlodipine Besilate, 10 mg which is used in the treatment of Hypertension and angina (Chest Pain). It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. This tablet can be given on a doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical company which manufactures Amlopress 10 mg. Amlopress 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Amlodipine Besilate, 10 mg per Tablet. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Amlopress 10 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)?
Amlopress 10 mg is used for lowering the blood pressure and relieving the chest pain due to reduced blood flow. It is also used in:
- Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
- Other complications related to Heart and Blood vessels.
How The Amlopress 10 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate) Works?
Amlopress 10 mg is Calcium Channel Blocker that works specifically by blocking the action of Calcium on Heart and blood vessels. It slows down Heart Rate and relaxes Blood vessels to improve blood flow to the organs. It comes in various strengths and you are always advised to follow your doctor’s prescription.
Before You Use The Amlopress 10 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)
- You must be sure that you are not taking any alcohol.
- You must be sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (time and condition of all the disease you are suffering from, and all the medicines you are taking for the treatment).
What Should You Avoid While Taking The Amlopress 10 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)?
- Avoid taking Alcohol
- Avoid driving and doing activities which need your alertness as this medicine makes you feel Sleepy and Dizzy
- Other Medicines without a doctor’s consultation
When Not To Use Amlopress 10 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)?
You should not take Amlopress 10 mg if you:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have Liver Dysfunctioning
- If you are Driving
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Have drug allergy
- Are taking other medicines and supplements
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Have any Heart-Related Problems
- Have Kidney Disease.
- Have hyperthyroidism, Asthma, and Diabetes
How Much Of The Amlopress 10 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate) to Be Used?
Amlopress 10 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to take Amlopress 10 mg depending on the severity of the disease. It is preferable to follow your doctor’s instructions and prescriptions only.
How To Take The Amlopress 10 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)?
Amlopress 10 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the Amlopress 10 mg as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using an Amlopress 10 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)?
You are always advised to take Amlopress 10 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended. It may take a few weeks to show improvements in the patients.
You should contact your doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected.
You should try to take every dose of Amlopress 10 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember as it can lead to Raised Blood Pressure which can lead to Heart Attack. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not take two doses at a single time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Amlopress 10 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate):
- Chest Pain
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Cold Hands and Feet
- Loss of Appetite
- Increased Heartbeat
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Over the counter medicines, and other food supplements have been reported to interact with Amlopress 10 mg.It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicines:
- It also interacts with Alcohol so be careful in its use.
- It is also reported to have interaction with the following disease conditions:
- Hypotension or Cardiogenic shock
Warning And Precaution
- Avoid alcohol
- Patients having liver disease should use it cautiously
- Patients having Myocardial Infarction should use it cautiously
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women should use it cautiously.
- Keep out of reach of children
Things To Remember
Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- This medicine should be taken in conjunction with proper Diet and Exercise.
- Amlopress 10 mg should be taken cautiously if you are scheduled for major surgery.
Store Amlopress 10 mg at a cool, dark and dry place. Make sure the tablet strip should be intact and are not damaged.