Amlopres 5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Amlopress 5 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)
What Is The Generic Name For Amlopress 5 Mg?
Amlodipine Besilate is the generic version for Amlopress 5 mg.
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Amlopress 5 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)?
About Amlopress 5 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)
Amlopress 5mg contains an active salt, Amlodipine Besilate, 5 mg which is used in the treatment of Hypertension and angina (Chest Pain). It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. This tablet can be given on a doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical company which manufactures Amlopress 5 mg.
Amlopress 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Amlodipine Besilate, 5 mg per Tablet. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Amlopress 5 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)?
Amlopress 5 mg is used for lowering the blood pressure and relieving the chest pain due to reduced blood flow. It is also used in:
- Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
- Other complications related to Heart and Blood vessels.
How The Amlopress 5 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate) Works?
Amlopress 5 mg is Calcium Channel Blocker that works specifically by blocking the action of Calcium on Heart and blood vessels. It slows down Heart Rate and relaxes Blood vessels to improve blood flow to the organs. It comes in various strengths and you are always advised to follow your doctor’s prescription.
Before You Use The Amlopress 5 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)
- You must be sure that you are not taking any alcohol.
- You must be sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (time and condition of all the disease you are suffering from, and all the medicines you are taking for the treatment).
What Should You Avoid While Taking The Amlopress 5 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)?
- Avoid taking Alcohol
- Avoid driving and doing activities which need your alertness as this medicine makes you feel Sleepy and Dizzy
- Other Medicines without a doctor’s consultation
When Not To Use Amlopress 5 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)?
You should not take Amlopress 5 mg if you:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have Liver Dysfunctioning
- If you are Driving
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Have drug allergy
- Are taking other medicines and supplements
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Have any Heart-Related Problems
- Have Kidney Disease.
- Have hyperthyroidism, Asthma, and Diabetes
How Much Of The Amlopress 5 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate) to Be Used?
Amlopress 5 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to take Amlopress 5 mg depending on the severity of the disease. It is preferable to follow your doctor’s instructions and prescriptions only.
How To Take The Amlopress 5 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)?
Amlopress 5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the Amlopress 5 mg as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using an Amlopress 5 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)?
You are always advised to take Amlopress 5 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended. It may take a few weeks to show improvements in the patients.
You should contact your doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected.
You should try to take every dose of Amlopress 5 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember as it can lead to Raised Blood Pressure which can lead to Heart Attack. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not take two doses at a single time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Amlopress 5 Mg (Amlodipine Besilate)?
- Chest Pain
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Cold Hands and Feet
- Loss of Appetite
- Increased Heartbeat
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Over the counter medicines, and other food supplements have been reported to interact with Amlopress 5 mg.It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicines:
- It also interacts with Alcohol so be careful in its use.
- It is also reported to have interaction with the following disease conditions:
- Hypotension or Cardiogenic shock
Warning And Precaution
- Avoid alcohol
- Patients having liver disease should use it cautiously
- Patients having Myocardial Infarction should use it cautiously
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women should use it cautiously.
- Keep out of reach of children
Things To Remember
Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- This medicine should be taken in conjunction with proper Diet and Exercise.
- Amlopress 5 mg should be taken cautiously if you are scheduled for major surgery.
Store Amlopress 5 mg at a cool, dark and dry place. Make sure the tablet strip should be intact and are not damaged.